Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
DIY Hunts elk muley pronghorn! >

DIY Hunts elk muley pronghorn!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Hunts elk muley pronghorn!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Murdy
Is there a significant difference in Colorado between otc areas and areas that you can draw with only 1-2 points? How about for elk?
There is no OTC for deer. It's all draw.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Is there a significant difference in Colorado between otc areas and areas that you can draw with only 1-2 points? How about for elk?
No clue......lived here my while life 56 years. Hunted all of them since I could carry a rifle. Draw buck deer licenses more often than anyone you know in premium private land areas.
Far as I know you have to draw ALL deer licenses.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

No clue......lived here my whole life 56 years. Hunted all of them since I could carry a rifle. Draw buck deer licenses more often than anyone you know in premium private land areas.
Far as I know you have to draw ALL deer licenses.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Spike

in july you can buy left over deer and antelope tags youll have to contact the wy game and fish or get them on line
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the responses. Guess I was confusing deer & elk.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Spike

Default Can still buy Wyoming points

If you missed the Wyoming draws, you can still buy a point for pronghorn, deer, and elk in July after the draws. Proghorn is $30.00, deer is $40.00, and elk is $50.00. I've hunted 47, 50, and 72 for antelope. All fine for 70"-75" goats and a lot of fun. Unit 7 is great for 300" type elk but it will take a while to draw. Deer is not as good as it used to be, but 87, 89, and 90 are all good for 160" type bucks. Again, it will take a few years to draw. You might want to subscribe to 'Huntin' Fool or 'Petersons' magazine. They have a lot of great info and rate the various areas each year in each western state. And Huntin' Fool will even put you in touch with members who have drawn your hunt.