Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Bear Outfitter Recommendation Request >

Bear Outfitter Recommendation Request

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear Outfitter Recommendation Request

Old 02-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Spike

Default Bear Outfitter Recommendation Request

Hi guys. I’m just starting the nerve racking process of trying to find a guided black bear hunt. Anybody that has ever searched for an outfitted hunt knows how worrisome this process can be. I’ve been on a few guided hunts but never for bear. I’ve heard of and read many horror stories of terrible hunts and bad outfitters and I want to do anything and everything I can to avoid a bad experience.

I’m interested in Minnesota, Ontario, or Manitoba. I’m sure there are pluses and minuses for each area and would be interested in learning more about what those would be. I’m looking for a fall 2012 hunt with a very reputable, first class operation. I don’t need a record book bear, but would like to hunt somewhere that would give me a good opportunity at a mature 300+ pound animal. Any first hand experience recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you ever add New Brunswick in your choice contact me. I have as good of an outfitter for bear in New Brunswick as you will find.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Spike

Thanks SJ Adventures. Maybe someday I'll be looking over that way and will keep your offer in mind.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by spruceswamp
Hi guys. I’m just starting the nerve racking process of trying to find a guided black bear hunt. Anybody that has ever searched for an outfitted hunt knows how worrisome this process can be. I’ve been on a few guided hunts but never for bear. I’ve heard of and read many horror stories of terrible hunts and bad outfitters and I want to do anything and everything I can to avoid a bad experience.

I’m interested in Minnesota, Ontario, or Manitoba. I’m sure there are pluses and minuses for each area and would be interested in learning more about what those would be. I’m looking for a fall 2012 hunt with a very reputable, first class operation. I don’t need a record book bear, but would like to hunt somewhere that would give me a good opportunity at a mature 300+ pound animal. Any first hand experience recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi Spruceswamp. I'm usually a do-it yourself bear hunter. But, with time constraints this year, I'm going with this Ontario outfitter. http://ultimatebearhunts.ca/ I actually met the guy who operates it caribou hunting in Quebec. I believe, from what I saw, he'll put on a good hunt. You could give him a call and see what you think.

ATB
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Spike

Thanks MF. His name has not come up in my search so I'll add his to my list. Thanks!!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Try Garrett Brothers out of Alberta. They use jet boats to get way up the river to hunt for Giant bear and good percent are color phased. You can even add another bear to your hunt like many do. I hunted with Pat and his dad Lorne and they are great people to hunt with. Check out their site Garrett Brothers.com
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Spike

We run a bear outfitting business in Manitoba, Canada. Check us out at www.blackghostadventures.com and also watch a hunt on youtube Blackghostadventure Bear Hunt
Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Cantrap Northern Adventures Mike runs a class operation we were there on fall archery hunt both sucessful on 2 great bears. I highly recomend him lots of bears great accomodations, great prices you will not b disappointed Awesome family run outfitter that i recomend without reservation
Old 03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Spike

Thanks to everybody for the additional information. I'll be sure to check it all out.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

You can go to the website http://www.outfitterrating.com/
This will allow you do a little research on a bear outfitter!
Hope it helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.