Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics) >

Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)

Old 01-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Spike

Default Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)

I'm in the Sheridan, WY (northern Wyo) area, and I love watching our wildlife. Sometimes that means sitting on the couch and watching the pheasants run by or the mule deer family. Right behind our house is about 5,000 acres of hilly prairie. We get mule deer, whitetails, pronghorn, pheasants, Hungarian partridges, foxes, coyotes, etc all right in our backyard.

I saw these boys rough housing halfheartedly a few weeks ago. I see these two bucks and their does nearly everyday. They're not huge, as far as mule deer go, but I love watching them
Attached Thumbnails Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)-002-1.jpg   Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)-003-1.jpg   Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)-006-1.jpg   Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)-014-1.jpg   Saw these handsome mulies in my backyard (pics)-016-1.jpg  

Old 01-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Nice photos of those guys! Wide-oming! Only travelled through a few times myself, but had a friend worked oil rigs there. Curious, what is the fence line there?

Around 1999 or so I had a handsome 6 pt buck( just a picture perfect deer) and an equally pretty doe visiting my property almost daily beginning in the early Spring.
The first Saturday of that season(Nov) my buddy & I were drinking coffee, looking out my living room window when they strolled by.Without missing a beat or putting down his cup he asked if I'd gotten my tag yet. I hadn't, he had. Later that night there was a bonfire and fresh veni for all!

Nothing wrong w/ couch hunting!

I just recalled the name, you had posted this past fall w/ your first ever deer,no?

Last edited by ModernPrimitive; 01-28-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Spike

I love Wyoming. It's heaven on Earth. Some people consider a tropic white sand beach to be paradise, I'd rather be in the prairie hills or the mountains. I was born and raised here, but I'm an Army wife, so I'm just home for the year while the hubs is in Afghanistan. Then we're off to Germany. It's so nice to be home; I went to prep school when I was 14 in New England, then college in Alabama. No place like home though.

And yes, I did get my first little deer this year. I've always been an outdoorsy gal, but this was my first year hunting, and I'm completely hooked. I'm going to wait a few more weeks and then hit the hills for shed hunting!

This is a whitetail, so kind of off topic for the big game forum, but here was my first little deer.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

That is great country up there. We lived across the mountain in Worland several years and have some good friends in Sheridan. Great turkey hunting up there as well!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Prairie,

I really like the name of your town ! LOL
Old 01-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not off topic. A whitetail is considered big game.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Spike

awesome pic
I'll send you a PM

Last edited by Paskull; 01-29-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

My best buddy that I hunt with all the time lives out a mile from town on the north side of Sheridan just past the KOA campground. Are you out in that area? The deer and turkey are all back and forth through his 15 acre place almost every day too! I also have friends in Worland and that desert country is sure different from the plains/mountain area around Sheridan. I would live around Sheridan in a heartbeat and I really envy you!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Nice pics bro!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.