Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Semi Guided Elk hunt

Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Semi Guided Elk hunt

A good buddy of mine and I are looking to do a semi guided elk hunt either fall of 2012 or 2013 and have started to the preparation. With such a great resource here I thought I would see if any of you have had any experiences or have recommendations for some good locations and outfitters we might want to consider. We are open to really any midwestern state but seeing how neither of us have put the effort into preference point to date we would need the OTC tag purchase option.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

not sure what you mean by semi-guided really?

I'm my mind you either do a drop camp style which is more on your own, or you would get a guided hunt.

Or completely DIY, so maybe a drop camp?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Semi guided would be assistance to get gear in pack game nad gear out, basecamp set up with food etc. and general knowledge to where elk are and access to some good elk property. We wouldn't need a guide hauling us around in the woods calling us and putting us on the game telling us when to shoot. Its a cross between DIY and full guided. Lots of outfitters have this option just curious if others have had a chance to hunt with anyone specific they would recommend to take some of the guess work out of it.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Colorado sounds like a good place for you to look at. Get a hold of CO G&F. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Spike

I looked at Semi-Guided trips last year... Several Colorado, Wyoming and Utah guides offered semi-guided. Like posted above, you get a drop camp, pack in/pack out, animal haul out and guide split up between party members. Another option was to have a guide for 2 or 3 days out of 5 or 7 for the group. Get's you around, learning the land, animal patterns etc... It's how we're doing it when we draw...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

What's something like that run into, in terms of price?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Spike

Default semi guided elk hunt

Not trying to highjack your thread but I offer these types of hunts in Montana. WE pack you into camp on horseback. Provide meals (home cooked and vacumed sealed) wall tents, lanterns, cots stoves etc.. WE check on you mid way through the hunt to pack out game. 1400 per hunter minimum two hunters.

You can send any questions here or email [email protected]
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel for you Huntnhard. With the price changes, you are probably having more trouble finding nonresidents to hunt with you. I won't be back due to the new pricing. Your residents put the screws to you! Good luck with all that.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Hntnhrd
Not trying to highjack your thread but I offer these types of hunts in Montana. WE pack you into camp on horseback. Provide meals (home cooked and vacumed sealed) wall tents, lanterns, cots stoves etc.. WE check on you mid way through the hunt to pack out game. 1400 per hunter minimum two hunters.

You can send any questions here or email [email protected]
Do you have a website? How many days for that rate? Migratory Elk or Resident Herds?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Semi guided would be assistance to get gear in pack game nad gear out, basecamp set up with food etc. and general knowledge to where elk are and access to some good elk property. We wouldn't need a guide hauling us around in the woods calling us and putting us on the game telling us when to shoot. Its a cross between DIY and full guided. Lots of outfitters have this option just curious if others have had a chance to hunt with anyone specific they would recommend to take some of the guess work out of it.

Sounds more like a butler than a guide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.