Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Taking a gun into Canada?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

You asked for advice, and people are giving it to you...people who live here. As a US citizen, you are not allowed to have in your possession, while in Canada, a handgun. Restricted or prohibited, that does not apply to you. You can call your guide in BC or where ever it is you're going and ask him. And better yet, call the RCMP and ask them. I carry a restricted firearm license which allows me to own handguns for the sole purpose of going to my gun club and shooting at a target range. I have to keep them in a locked case at home and when travelling with them. I also have to go to my local police department and apply for a permit to take it to the gun club shooting range. And a permit to bring it back home. And if they catch me anywhere except a direct route to and from that shooting range, I'll loose my license, gun and pay a hell of a big fine. I'll say it one more time...hand guns are illegal in Canada unless you're a resident and have passed the course and got the license. I can guarantee you, if you bring that gun into Canada you will be arrested if caught with it. And your stay will probably be longer than you anticipated.

The only exception is a federal licensed gun dealer.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE55
You asked for advice, and people are giving it to you...people who live here. As a US citizen, you are not allowed to have in your possession, while in Canada, a handgun. Restricted or prohibited, that does not apply to you. You can call your guide in BC or where ever it is you're going and ask him. And better yet, call the RCMP and ask them. I carry a restricted firearm license which allows me to own handguns for the sole purpose of going to my gun club and shooting at a target range. I have to keep them in a locked case at home and when travelling with them. I also have to go to my local police department and apply for a permit to take it to the gun club shooting range. And a permit to bring it back home. And if they catch me anywhere except a direct route to and from that shooting range, I'll loose my license, gun and pay a hell of a big fine. I'll say it one more time...hand guns are illegal in Canada unless you're a resident and have passed the course and got the license. I can guarantee you, if you bring that gun into Canada you will be arrested if caught with it. And your stay will probably be longer than you anticipated.

The only exception is a federal licensed gun dealer.
Read this again and again, then remember it. Serious stuff.

Ron
Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Banned

I thought I posted my final response; "I'm not going to take it to or accross the border." Thanks all!