Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Bear baiting/ Change his habit >

Bear baiting/ Change his habit

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Bear baiting/ Change his habit

Old 09-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Spike

Default Bear baiting/ Change his habit

I have established a Bear bait station and have a bear visiting regular, But I suspect the station is hit at night. How can I change his routine, from night to day?

I was thinking of using a honey burn?

Looking for opinions.

Also I have placed a Trail cam last night , I will now for sure if it is a night time thing.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Spike

Checked station, two Hr before dark and downloaded Trail cam. Sure enough, Mr Bear passed through at 4.58 am. Is it possible to change his Breakfast time habit?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Spike

Rebait tomorrow if you have'nt already, make sure you get a pic of you, now how much time goes by before your bear comes to dinner? Once you get him as a regular diner, be sure and make noise as you approch your bait site, for a couple of reasons, 1. to make him move off while you rebait, pull your SD card. and 2. to let him know that your setting the table
Once hes a regular, and you know how long he waits after you're gone, by changing the time you rebait, it will bring him earlier. Have you read this thread? Post 9 tells a lot, also click the lower link in my post 8, I had that guy showing up 19 minutes after I'd check the camera! And all I was doing was leaving a bit of alfalfa for the deer, but trail cam is on an old apple tree.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-...t-no-dogs.html

And a link to Bear hunting on the Hunt Wshington site, lots of good reading there. Good luck on your bear,by the way the cooking oil and vanilla is a good tip, just make sure he has something to eat when he gets there. And the harder it is for him to get it, the longer he'll be there.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?board=33.0

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 10-01-2011 at 09:25 PM.