Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Scenario help.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:34 AM

Default RE: Scenario help.

OOPS! my reply is to Rookelkhunter not Oregon Archer. Sorry.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Scenario help.

Thanks a ton noway and Paul, you guys sound right on. I too was probably over-complicating it all, but understand that I am just learning this addiction called elk hunting and have been absorbing as much info as possible...sometimes too much.

Do ya think I should even be hunting anywhere in that area on opening morning, or just leave it be ' till 11 or so? To be honest, it would work out pretty nifty if I could justify not getting there until early that next morning, as I am flying in late on Sunday after being in a wedding back in the midwest...do these people have no scruples, I told him elk season was starting the monday after that weekend, yet the bride still wanted to go ahead with that date!

It may be a problem getting there again and setting up some blinds, as it is an 8 hour drive from door to trail head...OUCH. I' m not sure it would take that long, only that my little four banger Toyota max' s out at about 40 going up some of these honker mountains!!! But then all those cars who whip by me pay dearly going down the other side! [>:]