Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think. >

Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think.

I went to get my batteries out of my feeder to recharge, And it was gone. I thought someone had stolen it. I walked down the hill a little ways and seen a piece of it laying there. I picked it up, and there were parts strewn all over the place. I finally found the hopper of the feeder about 30 yards down in a ravine. It has big teeth holes in the bottom part of it, and it ripped through part of the plastic. This is a 200 pound capacity big game feeder. Its heavy duty plastic. It would be tough to rip through it like this. Plus it was on legs buried about a foot down in the ground, and something pulled it down, and tore it apart. I'm thinking a bear. I cant imagine what else would be able to rip down a feeder standing 6 foot high secured into the ground, and then bit holes into the plastic, and rip it. Does this like a bear did this to you? The area where the bite marks are, are about 6 inches wide.
Attached Thumbnails Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think.-bear-feeder.jpg   Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think.-bear-feeder-2.jpg   Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think.-bear-feeder-3.jpg   Feeder tore up by...Bear?? maybe? tell me what you think.-bear-feeder-4.jpg  
Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
car
Typical Buck

Yup that's what bear do!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Yup, Bear got it. Only thing that would do that.
-Jake
Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Bear teeth marks, dead give away. I see it all the time. All you have to do is leave some corn with molasses in a bucket. Theeth marks everywhere. I had a 55 gal. steel drum full of cookies this spring. The bear tore off the lid somehow. When I got there I couldn't find a crumb and the barrel was rolled 20 feet away.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

looks like a bear to me...