Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wolves & Elk Hunting - Crying Wolf Movie >

Wolves & Elk Hunting - Crying Wolf Movie

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves & Elk Hunting - Crying Wolf Movie

Old 11-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Spike

We live in South East Montana and we had our fist close wolf killed yesterday around 30-35 miles to the West. He was killing a rancher’s sheep. A mountain lion has killed two 600lbs. beef calves from a friend about the same distance away and bear has been sighted in the same area. This is all thanks to Environmental groups who live a thousand miles away, but think they should be able to tell everyone else what to do, and our FWP are either pressured into doing it or enough tree huggers have taken jobs with state and federal agencies that they do it willingly. We are in serious trouble if people don't stand up and say this needs to stop!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

Its called "gut shooting" or the well known SSS method (shoot, shovel, shutup). It makes me sick when ever someone tells me about their much anticipated elk or mule deer hunt in Idaho or montana and all they see is wolf tracks and elk carcasses. I can't even begin to tell you how angry this makes me, you don't want to get me started.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
Its called "gut shooting" or the well known SSS method (shoot, shovel, shutup). It makes me sick when ever someone tells me about their much anticipated elk or mule deer hunt in Idaho or montana and all they see is wolf tracks and elk carcasses. I can't even begin to tell you how angry this makes me, you don't want to get me started.
As an easterner my wolf experience is 0. I do try to be informed & this film is good information.
While I'm all for animals "doing their thing" I have to say that if I understand your SSS method correctly, it would be my own philosophy in this situation.
There's legal and there's right, sometimes these differ. Would ranchers, for example, actually be prosecuted for protecting their herd?