Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
newcastle wy antelope info >

newcastle wy antelope info

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

newcastle wy antelope info

Old 08-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm really surprised he's telling you that there is plenty of public land in unit 6 because, as I stated, there are very few spots that have more than 3 or 4 sections of public land. I'm looking at 6 on my CD ROM and I would suggest you do as he mentioned and stay in the northwest area close to unit 27 as that is the one spot that has about 8 or 9 square miles that are pretty well all together. Since very little of the land is marked and it's the hunter's responsibility to know where they are, I just don't want you to get a trespassing ticket. If you have a GPS that you can buy a SD card loaded with all the land ownership, that would be your best way to go and know that you are legal. Otherwise, you are going to be doing a lot of guesswork in that unit, which is not good.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Spike

There is camping in the city too, you can find those by going to the city or county website. The Flying V, Cambria Inn just eight miles outside Newcastle has all the hookups and they have the cheepest and good processing facility in town. The meat was deboned, packaged and frozen overnight for $80. (307) 746-2096, 23726 N U S Highway 85
Old 09-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Spike

topgun where would i find one of those sd cards you are talking about
Old 09-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by lineman1779
topgun where would i find one of those sd cards you are talking about

This is the best one. You can download the file or buy a card that has it preloaded. They work awesome. You can actually buy a preloaded card from the Wyoming Fish and Game Website also, which they get from the website listed below.

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/
Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

"the one spot that has about 8 or 9 square miles that are pretty well all together."
It's all relative. I live in Illinois, and I don't think we have 8 or 9 square miles if you added up all the public land in the state, so to me, that sounds pretty good. lol.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Spike

If you decide not to camp.... The Fountain Inn in newcastle is the place to stay.

Does anybody know why Area 7 by Newcastle had 350 applicants for first choice antelope when the past few years they had almost none???
Old 09-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Spike

dack77 that has been the best tip so far just ordered that card i almost bought one from cabelas the other day and i am glad i didnt. thank you so much. and all the camping info and hotel info is great. my friend and me really apperciate all the help you guys are giving us. we are rookies to this kind of stuff. we really just stay home and hunt and wanted to venture out of our shells. so we thank you all