Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Help, is this bear track?

Old 06-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kniferampo
Doesn't the first track look like a bear?
It's hard to tell about the first track with the lighter in it. I think it may be a couple of animal tracks over one another. Bear prints, even old tracks are pretty distinctive. You can count every toe. The second set looks as if the moose or deer braced itself to jump the creek. When that happens, their toes spread apart and their feet sink into the mud.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Spike

Can someone tell links how to gut, skin and cut meat off a deer or a moose with an axe and a knife. Im getting pissed off that my vacation (almost the only one I take during the year) is being ruined by some animal. If I see any deer, moose I will kill it. If it is bear and it attacks me I will do what I can (jump in river). I know this sounds stupid talk but I have been afraid for the last 8 years to be in those parts of that forest and now im going to kill what ever is there or "get injured" trying.

I dont have a place to hang meat so I must just cut it and throw it in the freezer. Food is so expensive here in Finland that I must eat what I hunt.

Do you have any tips or links for a beginner how to do it in the forest. Im so pissed off that I can take it with just my knife soon.

Also, is there any protective gear made for hunting incase an animal attacks you. I have good boots but I usually wear jeans and a college shirt so I think some thicker trousers and a possible chest and or back plate made of thick skin would be useful. Also some protection in forearms like in the form of a gauntlet could be good.

I know this sounds stupid but believe me I get very angry being in that forest because its stressing to be afraid that some animal humps you from behind a bush. This time its time to show the animal who is the bad ass. I usually have money for just this one or two vacations a year so now its showtime. If I see a bush move, I will run straight at it. If I hear an animal coming near my tent I will say: come on, come on, STAB STAB STAB.

Animals in these forests must be dangerous and deranged and disturbed because they dont stay away from humans. This isnt some ancient woodlands place where no humans go.

The knife/spear I have is a cold steel bushman knife with a hollow shaft. Would you suggest getting a bigger spear like the cold steel "boar spear" or the "assegai".

If a moose doesn't run away when he sees a human it means it is a dangerous moose that needs to be terminated.

And no, I am not drunk. It is just stressful that when you try to go out in the nature and rest a little, then some damn animal comes and scares you.

Last edited by kniferampo; 06-25-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not sure you're serious?

My best suggesting is to stay out of the woods.

I would if I was scared.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

This has to be the funniest thread on any Forum that I've ever read!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Spike

Could the tracks in the second picture be wildboar?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Blackelk..... the first thing that popped in my head was either an Alligator or a Crocodile......
Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Spike

Problem is there are no crocodiles or alligators in the finnish nature...
Old 07-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Spike

the best protection u could get would be a rifle or pistol
Old 07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Moose [European elk] .take a camera or get a trail cam and enjoy. As long as it's not a cow with calf their not very aggressive most of the time.
Alex