Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Unit #66 Colorado

Old 05-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Spike

Default Unit #66 Colorado

Just checking in for some help or advice on Unit #66 in Colorado, I am on an outfitter hunt this October 2nd rifle season and was wondering what anyone with some knowledge of this unit can provide me, elk quantity, chances, terrain etc... I am just looking for some things to look forward to!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Spike

never hunted 66 but i hunt 69,681 and 682 every year the biggest elk herd in the state runs from the sand dunes on the the bacca grant and the 2nd biggest runs in the san juans in both places are in the san luis valley
Old 05-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Spike

I hunt unit 67 and have driven through and fished unit 66 somewhat. Some pretty steep country and dark timber. Will you be on public or private land? Moose are also in this area. Are you packing in to camp or hunting from a road camp? To valleyelkhunter, the biggest elk herd in Colorado is in the northwest, the White River herd.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Spike

thanks for the info, we are riding horses in and camping. I am looking forward to the challenge and just trying to be as prepared as I can get