Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf Tags.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

They said the season is going to be as early as September and they are only going to have a quota of about 60 or so, it hasnt been decided yet. When the quota is filled the season is over.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
They said the season is going to be as early as September and they are only going to have a quota of about 60 or so, it hasnt been decided yet. When the quota is filled the season is over.
60? Montana's tentative quota is 220 and I had heard Idaho's was going to be more than that. I even reard that Idaho may hire a helicopter to take out a bunch in the Lolo area before the snow melts this spring.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Spike

http://yellowstone-is-dead.myshopify...ollections/all

Save Western Wildlife Wolf Howlers------I bought one and the first evening we tried it out we had 2 wolves answer us within 500 yards, cool as hell. Not to hard to learn, blow softly and it sounds like a pup or a female wolf.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AK Jeff
60? Montana's tentative quota is 220 and I had heard Idaho's was going to be more than that. I even reard that Idaho may hire a helicopter to take out a bunch in the Lolo area before the snow melts this spring.
Your right it is 220, I just checked, Idaho has the same quota as Montana. I think there is a quota of 60 in the unit I live in. I still havnt heard anything about them hireing helecopters for the Lolo unit though, that is the unit it right next to where I live, we hunt the Lolo creek area all the time, I know there is a lot of wolves in that unit.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Spike

Kill em all as far as I'm concerned. Went on a guided hunt with Yellowstone Outfitters in Wyoming in 2001 on the Thorofare River and upper Yellowstone River. Was awesome then. The group I went hunting with had a 10 of 11 elk harvest. My buddies friends went with them in 2009 and only had a 1 out of 10 elk harvest. Don't even know if there in business any more with the massive elk, deer, and moose kill off from the wonderful anti-hunting groups beloved mascot.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

For $340 I will pass. Would have been nice as an $11 varmit bonus. I'll be right on the border moose hunting in Wyoming anyway. Good luck to residents though. Thin out those packs!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by moremules
http://yellowstone-is-dead.myshopify...ollections/all

Save Western Wildlife Wolf Howlers------I bought one and the first evening we tried it out we had 2 wolves answer us within 500 yards, cool as hell. Not to hard to learn, blow softly and it sounds like a pup or a female wolf.
A Bugling Bull Elk bugle and a Hoochie Mama cow call works pretty good also. Two years ago during the archery elk season, my brother and I were bugleing and using the cow call, before long we had wolves all arround us fireing up.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Your right it is 220, I just checked, Idaho has the same quota as Montana. I think there is a quota of 60 in the unit I live in. I still havnt heard anything about them hireing helecopters for the Lolo unit though, that is the unit it right next to where I live, we hunt the Lolo creek area all the time, I know there is a lot of wolves in that unit.
This article says they might take out 50 via helicopter before the end of the month.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...c19ecb16a.html
Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

This article says they may take out 50 via helicopter by the end of the month.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AK Jeff
This article says they may take out 50 via helicopter by the end of the month.

Hell yeah!!!! They need to!!! There is alot of wolves in that area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.