Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 primos hyper lip double reed >

primos hyper lip double reed

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

primos hyper lip double reed

Old 08-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default primos hyper lip double reed

O.K., went shopping today for, well just went shopping. I ended up buying a few things that I really didn' t need, including a new cow elk call. I bought primos hyper lip double reed call. My question is this. This call obviously has two reeds, but, the way I see it, there is know way that the two reeds can work independantly, so why the two reeds. With the two reeds stacked on top of each other, as soon as some slobber gets between them, they will basically glue together. The sound comes from the call as the air passes over the reeds and they vibrate, but if they are glued(with spit) they can' t both work. And when I blow it, you can only hear one reed. I guess what I am saying is, I am dissapointed with this call. I' ve seen double reeded coyote calls, and one reed always has a dimple to prevent the two reeds from glueing together. BUT, I bought this call, and I am dissapointeds in it. I guess I' ll be adding a dimple to this thing to get it to work as it should. Anyone else buy one of these calls?
Old 08-02-2003, 09:41 PM

Default RE: primos hyper lip double reed

Don' t be disapointed in the double reed. It is louder than the single reed model. I use both and with a lot of secess. I start out with the double and change to the single when the bull gets close. I also use both calls with the hoochie momma so I can sound like more than 1 cow.