HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Hooray for Congress!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/343348-hooray-congress.html)

scottb3472 04-13-2011 06:29 AM

Hooray for Congress!!

Congress has taken the Gray Wolf off the endangered species list in Montana and Idaho, and turned the responsibility of control over to the states FWP programs.
Looks like wolf season is back on the table for Montana and Idaho!!

South33 04-13-2011 06:46 AM

YAYYYYYYYY!
This makes me so happy to hear that we might get to properly manage our wildlife.
This made my day... I will be at work with a smile... lol

-South

scottb3472 04-13-2011 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by South33 (Post 3798166)
YAYYYYYYYY!
This makes me so happy to hear that we might get to properly manage our wildlife.
This made my day... I will be at work with a smile... lol

-South

When i heard this today on the news i almost stood up and cheered!!

salukipv1 04-13-2011 10:14 AM

May have to swing through ID/MT this fall...or both!

Will WY finally have a wolf hunt?

Wheatley 04-13-2011 10:17 AM

It kind of makes me mad. Being from Wyoming, if it is not endangered it should be for all states not just two.

elkdeerbear 04-13-2011 07:03 PM

About time. Read a little paragraph in the Denver Post about this. Need to get Wyoming on board now. Went hunting up in Wyoming with Yellowstone Outfitters in 2001. Was a great hunt then, guess its a different hunt now.

fritz1 04-13-2011 07:49 PM

I will be buying a wolf tag as soon as its available! I saw one monday on the way to work.

fritz1 04-16-2011 05:58 AM

Its official!!! Obama signed the bill to remove the wolves from the endangered species list last night. Hunting season for wolves in Idaho and Montana will resume this fall, In Wyoming, wolves remain protected because of its shoot-on-sight law for the predators. There are no immediate plans to hunt the small wolf populations in Oregon and Washington. No packs have been established in Utah.

South33 04-16-2011 01:42 PM

This makes me so happy! With the huge numbers of wolves in my area it should be simple to put one on the ground.
The Fish & Game's definition of "established" is twisted to say the least. There could be (& is) wolves running thick through our woods & at times our neighborhoods & the F&G says that they have yet to achieve the pack #'s & stability. I just got done "chatting" with a local F&G officer & he was outraged that they would even think that "they are going to send a bunch of rednecks out in the woods to slaughter a bunch of beautiful animals". I dont know about you guys but that sounds like a good thing to me?! lol

-South

Muley Hunter 04-16-2011 03:45 PM

Let the hunters bail them out again. :confused0024:

SILVERTIP-CO 04-16-2011 06:42 PM

I'd kill them anyway laws or no laws. And put a rock under their head for the govt to choke on. P.ss on the federal govt. Just a bunch of arrogant knowitall treehugger obamunists.

South33 04-16-2011 07:40 PM

The "kill them anyway laws or no laws" has been the attitude of alot of people; they are sick & tired of watching there game animals be decimated & nothing being done. My only concern about the wolves killed without "F&G approval" is that it will do nothing but harm to our State land & game laws. It seems as if they really wanted to all they had to do is say is "enough is enough we are going to turn this area into a wildlife park; no more hunting" & it will be done. It seems to be just a matter of time before something like this is brought up.

-South

Blackelk 04-16-2011 07:46 PM

Just put a quota on them and everyone will find an even ground eventually.

fritz1 04-17-2011 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by SILVERTIP-CO (Post 3799306)
I'd kill them anyway laws or no laws. And put a rock under their head for the govt to choke on. P.ss on the federal govt. Just a bunch of arrogant knowitall treehugger obamunists.

+1, Exactly!!!!!!!!

SILVERTIP-CO 04-17-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by South33 (Post 3799325)
The "kill them anyway laws or no laws" has been the attitude of alot of people; they are sick & tired of watching there game animals be decimated & nothing being done. My only concern about the wolves killed without "F&G approval" is that it will do nothing but harm to our State land & game laws. It seems as if they really wanted to all they had to do is say is "enough is enough we are going to turn this area into a wildlife park; no more hunting" & it will be done. It seems to be just a matter of time before something like this is brought up.

-South

Yep. While the politics are endlessly discussed I'll be shooting to protect the population ungulata. A system that never fails.