HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   GOOD news for idaho wildlife let the wolf hunt begin (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/343142-good-news-idaho-wildlife-let-wolf-hunt-begin.html)

Idaho Guide 04-07-2011 09:30 PM

GOOD news for idaho wildlife let the wolf hunt begin

its been a hell of a fight but another step in right detraction http://www.idahoreporter.com/2...ffice/

Muley Hunter 04-08-2011 06:03 AM

About time.

Link doesn't work for me.

salukipv1 04-08-2011 09:51 AM

page not found...

what are the details?

Robbi 04-08-2011 01:12 PM

I agree, it is about time! Now, if we can just get those JackWagons to let us blast away here in Wisconsin, things would be good!

salukipv1 04-08-2011 01:53 PM

blast away if you see one robbi

Idaho Guide 04-08-2011 02:05 PM

For all folks out there that call this a wolf "Reintroduction" please make no mistake this was no Reintroduction this was an INTRUSION on our state lands and your federal lands ,and on our wildlife, cattle ranchers, sheep ranchers, outfitters, small rural business owners, and the list goes on and on. The economic effects alone, not to mention the huge effects it has had on our wildlife has truly been nothing short of devastating. This illegally released "CANADIAN" gray wolf was forced on us and on you, our wildlife as well as our way of life. This is a non native predator!! Our native wolf is a timber wolf they are smaller less aggressive and obviously less prolific then their cousins the Canadian gray wolf. We had timber wolves the feds will tell you we didn't but sightings, tracks, photographs were not uncommon and most were confirmed by guess who the Federal Fish and Wildlife Department, yep that's right. They even HAD pictures castings of tracks that my family took at the timber wolf exhibit in the Boise zoo. Which where of course taken off exhibit in 1999 when city people that were not supposed know any better started asking questions. Now because the Canadian gray wolf our native timber wolf is now extinct so thanks for that Federal Fish and Wildlife Department and Defenders of Wildlife thanks for protecting native species keeping and defending them as your name states.

fritz1 04-08-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Idaho Guide (Post 3796749)
For all folks out there that call this a wolf "Reintroduction" please make no mistake this was no Reintroduction this was an INTRUSION on our state lands and your federal lands ,and on our wildlife, cattle ranchers, sheep ranchers, outfitters, small rural business owners, and the list goes on and on. The economic effects alone, not to mention the huge effects it has had on our wildlife has truly been nothing short of devastating. This illegally released "CANADIAN" gray wolf was forced on us and on you, our wildlife as well as our way of life. This is a non native predator!! Our native wolf is a timber wolf they are smaller less aggressive and obviously less prolific then their cousins the Canadian gray wolf. We had timber wolves the feds will tell you we didn't but sightings, tracks, photographs were not uncommon and most were confirmed by guess who the Federal Fish and Wildlife Department, yep that's right. They even HAD pictures castings of tracks that my family took at the timber wolf exhibit in the Boise zoo. Which where of course taken off exhibit in 1999 when city people that were not supposed know any better started asking questions. Now because the Canadian gray wolf our native timber wolf is now extinct so thanks for that Federal Fish and Wildlife Department and Defenders of Wildlife thanks for protecting native species keeping and defending them as your name states.

Exactly!!!!!!

ihookem1 04-10-2011 04:48 PM

So does Wisconsin have grays or timbers? I found two deer kills in Price co. Wis. this weekend. One died and eaten on the spot, the other I assume died cause of all the hair in one spot. The one with the hair had no bones or food from their stomach laying around. I'm sure it got carried away and only a wolf can do that cause bears are sleeping. The other had hide, guts and a leg there. Has anyone seen just hair and no other sign of the animal?

South33 04-10-2011 07:33 PM

Couldn't have said it any better Idaho-Guide! Here in NW Montana we are forced to sit back & watch our elk & mule deer herds be decimated & have the F&G tell us that the wolf population has yet to be established!? So loose one species to gain another!? & not just any species but a complete foreign species to this area?! I'm happy to hear Idaho is realizing that there is a issue in need of management... i hope MT isn't far behind.

-South

warbirdlover 04-12-2011 06:39 PM

Every article I've searched says the grey wolf and the timber wolf are the same. No difference. I think the Canadian ones just grow bigger, kind of like their whitetails.