Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Big game hunting in Germany? >

Big game hunting in Germany?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big game hunting in Germany?

Old 07-31-2003, 12:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default Big game hunting in Germany?

My wife told me there' s a possibility that she(we) could get stationed at Landstuhl, Germany next year. She also told me she' s heard there are some pretty good hunting opportunities over there. Can anyone enlighten me on this? I know they have roe deer, boar, and a few other big game animals, but all I' ve ever heard is the only way to hunt over there is to pay out big bucks. Does anyone have personal experience? She really would like to go for the cultural experience for the family, but I' m dead-set against dragging my 3 little ones over there. If I can' t hunt some big game animal with some type of weapon, I' m definitely staying stateside. We' ll visit her after hunting season.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Big game hunting in Germany?

Don' t count on it. You' d be better off staying here.

Big bucks is right.[:@] There are very limited hunting opportunites in Germany. Good luck on trying to cope with the gun laws also.

My brother was just stationed in Germany in the AF. His girlfriend is Polish and has lived in Germany for a number of years. She has never even seen a gun until she came to the states to visit. Didn' t even know what one looked like.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

My ex-girlfriend is from Germany, and I looked into hunting there on more than a few of my visits (big game). I can tell you that unless you devote the next 2 years of your life to the opportunity, it' s not going to happen. They have many, many gun laws, then they have many, many game laws. 2 of her nephews are on a national teenage shooting team, and when I talk to them about hunting they get so excited, since they will never be able to hunt in there own country.

On a side note, I have been pheasant hunting in Germany a few times and that rules.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:59 AM

Don' t know if you' ve gone or not but the hunting in Poland is FANTASTIC!! Just came back from a Roe Deer/Wild Boar hunt and it couldn' t have been better. I live in VA and hooked up with a guy at www.tourisme.pl named Wojtek. They' ve got Red Stag and Fallow Deer too. All fair chase, no fences. Not terribly expensive. Roe Deer and Hog for about $1500 but you can get in on Red Stag or Fallow for that amount or less too. Holler at him and tell him Britt sent you.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

I visited Germany about 5 years ago looking at some hunting opportrunities in passing. It was their off-season at the time.
I was allowed to sit in their hunting stands (A place near Frankfurt) and observe the game. Game was numerous. Roe deer and boar.
The hunting areas were very dveloped and close to houses etc.
To hunt there seemed to be very complicated and expensive.
At the time it was around $60 for a 10 minute time slot in the hunting stand, that did not include the cost of taking an animal.
Hungary which is not far away was only a fraction of the price.
Maybe a camera would be the best choice in Germany itself.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son,s been stationed there for 4 yrs now Army mp,s... like the others said, Germany what hunting? very strict gun laws & big on animal rights etc.. i almost steped on a pigion while there[].

Son,s been in turkey,afgani etc helpinhuntin& hauling el Q prisoners etc tho

He broke his ankle so cant elk hunt anyways i dont think if he makes it home for 10 days in oct.