Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear hunting in 2011?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Going to whack one in Northern Ontario - again this year. Moving to a new area that hasn't been hunted in years. Should be some big ones there.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Spike

Headed to Manitoba the 2nd week of Sept. Can't wait, never hunted there before !
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

I will take bear over deer or moose any day of the week. I will be hunting/guiding for them here in VT over natural baits and cornfields, and over in NH over bait, stalking, whatever it takes. Ain't nothing as exciting as a bear hunt in a ground blind. Had one step ON THE BLIND with me in it last year! It never came to my open window so i could see it though, so i didnt shoot. Bear meat in the fry pan with butter, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder, thinly sliced apples and onions, cooked low and slow. Right at the end, pour just enough real (VT of course) maple syrup over it to cover the meat, let it cook and carmelize a bit, pull the meat, , let everything left in the pan simmer for another minute or two, and pour everything left in the pan over the meat, and i guarantee you a meal you wont soon forget. So glad my daughter is old enough to go, so hopefully we can have some extra this year, all I have heard from her since she passed her safety course is that she wants some more bear meat!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that sounds good VT - my dad even had some real VT maple syrup shipped home when he went there a few months ago. That is some good stuff. I will have to try that recipe if I am lucky enough to tag a bear this year.

Only 3 months left - can't wait!!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Going to give it a shot last week of aug up in ontario Never been b4 so looking forward to this, gonna try to fill tag w/ bow
Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Spike

Gonna hunt this guy right here at home.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Spike

Will be going to Minnesota in 24 days for my 2nd bear hunt and I hope I do better then last yr (missed one). VT I will have to try that if I get one...but I will have to use my own WI maple syrup