Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Bear hunting in 2011?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I didn't kill the bear meat I tried. I'm pretty good about taking care of my meat.

I've still hunting for bear a few times, but was never happy with the shots I had, so never took them. I still haven't killed one yet.

It's hard to get me away from elk hunting. It's the biggest joy in my life.

Not sure why I took Muley Hunter as a name.
You got that right, elk hunting Is a blast and a huge rush!! I wish I lived closer to the mountains. I've elk hunted In 3 different states and bought a bear tag In all 3 states. 2 of the 3 states I did and stalk on a bear but passed on them being they were a tad to small. Elk hunting, that's another story. Them suckers have kicked my butt and then some!! I love hunting them though.

Best of luck getting yourself a bear. Looking forward to hearing about It.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Spike

id love to go on a bear hunt. im trying to make a trade( kansas whitetail for a bear) with someone from WY hoping it works out
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been wanting to hunt bear as well. I have bought tags for the fall while I was elk hunting but I have yet to see one. I am thinking about trying the spring bear hunt in the same area. I have crossed fresh tracks in the snow while elk hunting so I know they are there. I have also been considering a guided hunt in Northwest Montana since I have no clue about size. Trying to get the wife talked into it as well as myself.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I have been wanting to hunt bear as well. I have bought tags for the fall while I was elk hunting but I have yet to see one. I am thinking about trying the spring bear hunt in the same area. I have crossed fresh tracks in the snow while elk hunting so I know they are there. I have also been considering a guided hunt in Northwest Montana since I have no clue about size. Trying to get the wife talked into it as well as myself.

Have you tried to call them in? They'll come to a predator call.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muley,

I have never even thought about trying that. Couldn't hurt I guess. I may just have to go on an early season camping trip this year. Ha!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Spike

Going to Quebec, Canada in June with my 17 year old son, my uncle and another guy. Great camp, killed 2 bears and a moose there. Great pike and trout fishing in the AM.

Good luck to everyone going out.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Spike

In my own backyard of southern Ontario. Had them taking the bait last fall but they didn't come in when I was on stand. Better luck this Sept.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

Planning on buying a bear tag to carry while bow hunting for elk in sw colorado this fall. Two years ago while elk hunting there i saw one black and one chocolate. The choc and i came face to face(about 10 yards) on a trail. Very exciting. Can't wait to get back.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Spike

Headed up to central BC as usual starting in late Apr-Late May. good colorphase blackies can be found away from the coast
Old 05-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Spike

going black bear hunting in plasterrock canada nb.great place,,ruffs sporting camp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.