Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Who is going elk hunting this year? >

Who is going elk hunting this year?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Who is going elk hunting this year?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Howler
I wouldn't miss it for nutin'...I hope to draw a hard to get unit 61 archery tag this year and if I do, I'll be looking for antlers. If I don't draw 61, then it's back to the old usual spot and I'll take what ever I can get.

I'm not in bad shape and not over weight, but I am just starting to work out to prepare for elk hunting this fall. Just in the last 4 years I have started to workout during the summer months, 'cause I'm getting older and the hills aren't getting any easier. In 6 months, I will be ready.

Told ya about the wifes "body bug" pedometer thing in another post. I figured we walked around 70000 steps in the last two weekends of coyote hunting. Although not all of it in the mtns. still stayin in decent shape from it.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah no doubt skb, the pursuit of 'ol wiley helps keep me in decent shape all winter, but more has to be done to prepare the elk, no doubt about it.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Looking forward to Montana elk season, cant come soon enough. Its a yearly tradition in my family and hope for, and god willing to keep the tradition alive for many many more years to come. Thats what its all about, the memories and thoughts to get us through one season to the next.