Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Who is going elk hunting this year? >

Who is going elk hunting this year?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Who is going elk hunting this year?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan to and I probably take it for granted cause its not a big production for me to go. Basically I can be ready in 30 mins and the drive is less than 2 hours. Should draw a great tag this year too.

At 6'5" and 215 lbs. I don't have to lose any weight and I work out every day so I'm pretty much ready all the time.

I spend alot of winter time in the mtns. on coyote hunts and summer fishing so I stay in touch year round.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't miss it for nutin'...I hope to draw a hard to get unit 61 archery tag this year and if I do, I'll be looking for antlers. If I don't draw 61, then it's back to the old usual spot and I'll take what ever I can get.

I'm not in bad shape and not over weight, but I am just starting to work out to prepare for elk hunting this fall. Just in the last 4 years I have started to workout during the summer months, 'cause I'm getting older and the hills aren't getting any easier. In 6 months, I will be ready.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Yep! If God says the same I'll be hunting for muzzleloader and 2nd rifle. Both cow tags hopefully. I started walking / running last week to get prepared.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Spike

I'm going, at least if I get drawed for a tag. I put in for an either sex first rifle tag for CO, supposedly takes 0 points to draw. Never been before, learning alot on here. Thanks to everyone for the help and information. Can't wait!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be hunting elk in Montana and Wyoming again this year.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Spike

Will be hunting the 2nd rifle season in western CO. It will be a DIY hunt from a remote cabin and will be hunting from 7,500 to 9,500 feet. And yes, I'm one of those out-of-state hunters but, have been hunting for more than 45 years and know the difference between man and beast.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be at 5 weeks in Archery, another five in rifle, got some spring bear to do, and summer high alpine fishing pack trips as well. Come about mid-May the majority of the year will be spent in the high country!!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Spike

hopefully lots of hunting!! I can be at the trail head from my house in 20 minutes, and can see the mountains i hunt in from town. Be in the high country as soon as i can get in. Where at in Montana are you Two Bear?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be in southern Colorado for the 2nd rifle season. Will be my 6th year in a row. Can't wait!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Spike

Hi,
Iwill be in colo. the first week of archery. It is a diy hunt,been there 5 times. Never hunted the first week though,always the 2 or 3 weeks of archery. Its the best week of the year.I need to get in better shape. Everyone good luck this year and be safe.
Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.