Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need A New Gun

Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Yes but we were talking about guns, not anyones mother!! LMAO!!
yes thats true and i do appolagize,but is it that hard to believe that your comment could be taken seriouse?it was a poor example.btw some ppls guns are like members of the family lol.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
yes thats true and i do appolagize,but is it that hard to believe that your comment could be taken seriouse?it was a poor example.btw some ppls guns are like members of the family lol.
No it's not hard to believe. I knew someone would take it serious. That's why I wrote it. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that someone would miss the sarcasm and my statement would stir the pot. I just didn't know who it would be! LMAO!!

If someone read it and thought I was right and they went out and bought a 300 Remington Ultra Mag for elk hunting, no big deal. I would have been responsible for helping them buy the absolute best elk hunting caliber made. IMO.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 02-26-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

No it's not hard to believe. I knew someone would take it serious. That's why I wrote it. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that someone would miss the sarcasm and my statement would stir the pot. I just didn't know who it would be! LMAO!!

If someone read it and thought I was right and they went out and bought a 300 Remington Ultra Mag for elk hunting, no big deal. I would have been responsible for helping them buy the absolute best elk hunting caliber made. IMO.
well its pretty easy to stir the pot with a remark such as yours,congrats.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've not shot the Savage model you mention. I've seen the trailers of it on hunting channels. Looks like it can be an accurate rifle. You still need a quality scope and solid rings on it. Otherwise, you'd be wasting you money.
I own a couple Tikka T3 's (.300 WM), .30-06) which I've hunted elk and deer with respectively. They are extremely accurate rifles. I put 2.5-10 x 42 and 3-9 x 40 Nikon Monarch scopes on them, which hold their zero and have great optics.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

You mean Savage doesn't suck?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You mean Savage doesn't suck?
I was joking about the Savage too. Although, they are not my favorite rifle, the first three elk I ever shot, I shot with a Savage 30.06 with the package scope. I would never take another one elk hunting but I would buy one if I got a great deal on it. It would never be my go to gun though.

If someone was trying to hunt on a budget, the way I was, they are perfectly fine rifles and will get the job done. I can just afford better now.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was joking about the Savage too. Although, they are not my favorite rifle, the first three elk I ever shot, I shot with a Savage 30.06 with the package scope. I would never take another one elk hunting but I would buy one if I got a great deal on it. It would never be my go to gun though.

If someone was trying to hunt on a budget, the way I was, they are perfectly fine rifles and will get the job done. I can just afford better now.
I had to do this to you to show you how easy it is to miss sarcasm.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to do this to you to show you how easy it is to miss sarcasm.
You are so right!! You have made me see the error of my ways. I will never ever use sarcasm in any of my post again. The next time you can enlighten me, please do. Savage sucks.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

You are so right!! You have made me see the error of my ways. I will never ever use sarcasm in any of my post again. The next time you can enlighten me, please do. Savage sucks.
Hey! A sarcasm contest.

You win.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey! A sarcasm contest.

You win.
Now that's funny!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.