Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Knockdown Power

Old 03-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Default RE: Knockdown Power

ORIGINAL: rem250

hinkleid
what part sc?
300 win mag with 220gr round nose just kindablowsthemoverat 150 yards
(watched a freindwish i had video) LOL flipped it in air

SC and GA, Deer/hogsI use a .222 with 45gr sxbullet at 3300 fps or a.22-250
with 50 gr sx bullet at 4000 fps.In 12 years I have never haddeer or hog go more than
20 yards. (I only take head orheart shots mostly heart.)
GA. 5 deer limit whenI started now 8, SC.limit 5 about 150 deer in the last 12 years
I've got 2 bears380lb and 430lb 75 yards ground bilndwith.243 inOntarioboth
went less than25 yards.
.243/6mm is enough for all north american game with correct bullet, range and shot
placement.

Know your abilities before you pull the trigger!!!!

just my opinion THX
Too funny.

I used to live in Murrells Inlet (just under Myrtle Beach). I also lied in Hilton Head for awhile. Love the place but expensive there.
I did not realize the limit was that high! Guess there are not as many hunters there? Here in ID, seems everyone hunts. If I knew that I probably would have went. Get alot of meat off 5 little ones. I used to see the small bucks and does that lived in closed air force base in Myrtle. Have to watch out for those buggers along 17.
The bud I am talking about used to work security at Daufuskie Resort (just a boat ride off Hilton Head). Always was a wannabe cop (I told him that all the time) and had to pick up a 300 RUM to hunt SC whitetail.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Hilton head ok
That area issome of my old stompin ground. 10 years Richmond hill GA. about 15 miles west
of Savannah GA. now in Spartenburg SC. area.
Hunted/fished alot ofgroundalong I-95 and 17 to the coast from South NewportGA. up to
Beauford SC. Lots of deer/hog therebut they are small thats why the limits are like they are.
Didn't hunt the coastal areas this year for deer. Coastal area limits went up
check this out
SC.regs. go to link then scroll down to huntingthen click on zones 1-11
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regulations.html
5 zones no limits onbucks2 anterless per day oneither sexdays

GA. regs. http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=279&txtPage=2
limit 12 10 anterless 2 bucks

Hwy 17 isbad in GA. and SC.
Good luck

Know your abilities before you pull the trigger!!!!
just my opinion thx
Old 03-31-2007, 08:09 PM

Back to the post....I read the same article and I think it is true, the problem is (as others said)that you cant intentionally repeat it. I try to break the shoulder also. I am curious about the archery animals "droping in their tracks" I have never seen this myself or on TV. My experience w/ archery has been good hit = short trail, bad hit = trail w/ no end. Although I will mention that fighters who take ahit in the liver get paralized and maybe its the same w/ animals.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I am not smart enough to understand all this.I just put the cross hairs right behind there front leg and shoot.Some fall some run a little ways.I am a hunter and I cant even start to think what happens inside an animal when hit with a high powered rifle.