Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Yellowstone is Dead

Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Spike

I really wish that we could blame the gov't for our wolf problems here in nw montana. The town i live in is only six miles from the border and the wolves just walked right across. Hell they been doing that for centuries. Same thing goes for the North Fork drainage of the Flathead. The locations south of us can blame the gov't for reintroducing them, but not us, all we can do is pray for a hunting season soon!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Spike

Our Native Wolf was Called Canis Lupus irremotus. What we have now is Canis Lupus griseoalbus, This wolf comes from the far North. It's job is to chase down caribou and those huge moose up there. Not Elk who can only run 25 miles an hour for a short distance. My question really is, How many more Elk herds in the state of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming have to disappear before 14 million Hunters and sportsman stand up and say No More? Scott Rockholm did a Wonderful Job in putting on a video the "Come Hell or high water environmentalists" actions of the western states getting wolves. We have Tomorrow a Bill 343 going before the Senate Trying to stop the destruction of the Wolf in Idaho. Our legislators got to Watch YID. And they are doing something about it. We just need a little support.
This is not about Loves Wolves/Hates Wolves. But Wolf density's and WHO gets to decide that. It is a FACT, Where there are HIGH Wolf density's our Moose and Elk herds are suffering. Where there isn't High Wolf numbers, The elk are growing.
We now have to be able to manage them. This has EVERYTHING to do with States Rights. The STATE of IDAHO will do the best job managing them. Not somebody in NY City.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Idaho Outfitter
Our Native Wolf was Called Canis Lupus irremotus. What we have now is Canis Lupus griseoalbus, This wolf comes from the far North. It's job is to chase down caribou and those huge moose up there. Not Elk who can only run 25 miles an hour for a short distance. My question really is, How many more Elk herds in the state of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming have to disappear before 14 million Hunters and sportsman stand up and say No More? Scott Rockholm did a Wonderful Job in putting on a video the "Come Hell or high water environmentalists" actions of the western states getting wolves. We have Tomorrow a Bill 343 going before the Senate Trying to stop the destruction of the Wolf in Idaho. Our legislators got to Watch YID. And they are doing something about it. We just need a little support.
This is not about Loves Wolves/Hates Wolves. But Wolf density's and WHO gets to decide that. It is a FACT, Where there are HIGH Wolf density's our Moose and Elk herds are suffering. Where there isn't High Wolf numbers, The elk are growing.
We now have to be able to manage them. This has EVERYTHING to do with States Rights. The STATE of IDAHO will do the best job managing them. Not somebody in NY City.
Very well put!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
We have first hand experence with what wolves do game where I live, we have alot of wolves here, we used to have alot of elk here but the wolves have pretty much decimated our elk heards. What in the hell were these people thinking when they brought them here? The only good wolf is a dead wolf! Everone needs to practice the three S rule, shoot, shovel, and shut the ---- up. That is the only way to manage a uncontrollable wolf problem, the feds will not be happy till our elk, are on the endangered list. The American hunters are just going to have to take matters in their own hands. JMHO.
Man, don't me started on wolves...
We are so over run with wolves here in NW MT & they were just put back on the endangered species list?!!? This makes about as much sense as selling your car for gas money... The population of wolves reached its "needed level" to be cosidered established in the state 2 years ago & we are "allowed to hunt them 1 year ago & now they are endangered? What is the qualification to consider something endangered? I dont think Fish& Game even knows...

Smoke a pack a day!

-South