Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Yellowstone is Dead

Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
Its not illeagle to express your opinion, that is one of the great things about living in America. Just about everyone up here, where I live has the same sticker. Do i care if anyone is offened by it?? NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!
No, but if its illegal to kill wolves, why bring attention to it? Im sure theres gotta be some greenies up there, not to mention some antis on the net, whod just love to rat you out.

All Im saying is, if I lived out west and wanted to "do" something about the wolf problem, the last thing Id do, is advertise it, but hey thats just me.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
No, but if its illegal to kill wolves, why bring attention to it? Im sure theres gotta be some greenies up there, not to mention some antis on the net, whod just love to rat you out.

All Im saying is, if I lived out west and wanted to "do" something about the wolf problem, the last thing Id do, is advertise it, but hey thats just me.
Rat me out for what?? Putting a sticker on my truck and showing everyone my true feelings, and letting people know how destuctive wolves are to a thriving elk heard? Everyone in the state of Idaho has took a hit in the wallet, one way or another. These wolves have devastated the elk that Idaho was known for, this has caused a massive drop in out of state revenue on tag sales, less people coming up here to hunt also effects, restaurants, motels, gas stations, sporting goods stores, car rentals, the list goes on. Why do you think Idaho's Govenor, Butch Otter is so against them? They have not only damaged the ecosytem arround here, they have also crippled the economy here. Butch Otter flat out told the Idaho Fish and Game to stand down and not respond to ANY reports of poached or allegedly poached wolves, the Feds want to protect them, so let them do it, Idaho isnt.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Frtz I think the point deerandbear is tryin to make is, if there was a dead wolf with a bullet hole in it and three cars parked by it, one was yours, one had save the wolves on it and the other had nothing on it ............which vehicle owner are the feds gonna look at first???? just sayin
Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by finnbear
Frtz I think the point deerandbear is tryin to make is, if there was a dead wolf with a bullet hole in it and three cars parked by it, one was yours, one had save the wolves on it and the other had nothing on it ............which vehicle owner are the feds gonna look at first???? just sayin
Very good point!!!, I agree. But the sticker has been on there for two years now, and it is going to stay there.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Spike

So, what is Xylitol...and how does it affect canines? Safest anti-wolf medicine on the shelf.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by moremules
So, what is Xylitol...and how does it affect canines? Safest anti-wolf medicine on the shelf.
If you read the MSDS on that stuff it's nowhere near as lethal as people make it out to be. Extremely large amounts can cause sickness in dogs, but it would take a huge amount to kill an adult wolf.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of one of those small wolves that supposedly havnt caused our elk herds to be depleted. It is tubed out, dried and salted, and still, look at the size of that thing, there is about 3-4" of his feet on the ground. I cant wait till we mount it. This is the only way I like to see em.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

And here in Upper Michigan, Where do they get these brilliant Biologist??
Same schools our president came from.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
Here is a picture of one of those small wolves that supposedly havnt caused our elk herds to be depleted. It is tubed out, dried and salted, and still, look at the size of that thing, there is about 3-4" of his feet on the ground. I cant wait till we mount it. This is the only way I like to see em.

That's a nice looking wolf fritz. That's probably one of the biggest misconceptions folks have about wolves is their size. Most people think they're slightly larger than a coyote, maybe the size of a laborador retriever. Reality is they're more like great dane size, and when you add a thick winter coat, they're bloody big animals.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Now how could Yellowstone be dead?

I never heard of it being opened to hunting? You mean those little wolves, beloved by the environmentalists, are causing some problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.