Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Yellowstone is Dead

Old 01-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

Again thanks all that have posted there is a wealth of information in this thread .
Old 01-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Bruce......Welcome to the Hunting Net. First post of many I hope.
Its funny how people my age that grew up in western states have come to believe true wildernes does not include preditors.
Funny idea about the "ballance of nature" what ever that is.
The truth is that most of these huge western elk herds were completely artificial. Entire herds have been created by winter feed programs that have run for decades and the removal of just about all preditors except 2 legged ones. This is reflected by elk with B and c scores exceeding 400 from a handfull in the last century to literally dozens a year now. A completley abnormal idea of normal has taken over.
By the way I'm as "true a hunter" as you are.

More Mules..........I read the same wolf artical from the paper version of the Yukon News. It is an informative article and no doubt all true. I don't understand how this bolsters your anti-wolf campaign. The Yukon has 485000 square kilonmeter and less than 35000 people, almost all of whom live in Whitehorse. It is almost all roadless. The wolves live as they always have because there is no one out there to hunt them.......hardly the situation in the western states.
Once wolves are delisted I have little doubt that they will be controlled with a yearly hunting season. Keep raging on wanting them gone and you will never have an opportunity to hunt a truely worthy trophy.

Originally Posted by Bruce Hemming
It is easy to spot the "pretend hunters" spreading pro wolf propaganda straight from the anti hunting web sites. With the facts in that wolves have indeed wiped out 75% of the Yellowstone Elk it is clear the fairy tale misinformation that wolves some how balance nature has been exposed as a fraud. MoreMules has done an excellent job informing everyone. The truth of the matter is from the beginning this was a con job to close down hunting forever. Each of the 3 western state agreed to 150 wolves. Now it is estimated that Idaho alone has 1500 wolves killing 23 elk a year per wolf. 10 times the agreed amount of wolves. The anti hunters just keep brainwashing the city people to keep the money flowing sue the government to protect the wolves. Hunting is not going to control these huge numbers of wolves as they lay waste to country side. For the first time in 40 years hunting I have been in spots that you can only call barren wasteland all due to the wolves. The hunters need to quickly get informed up to speed and demand these wolves be forever taking off the Endangered species act otherwise the wolves will spread to all 48 lower states and hunting will be a distance memory.

Last edited by tangozulu; 01-22-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Spike

Default Wolves equal anti human

Tan thanks for the welcome.

The wolf lovers not saying you are equal anti human. Therefore that makes me prohuman not anti wolf. The wolves need to be controlled. No where is anyone saying void of predators. The point is the illegal dumping of the largest wolf in North American then protecting them like they are a God is ridiculous. The wolves bring nothing to the eco system but destruction, The packs are huge 10-22 in a pack are killing off the elk and deer in record numbers. It is documented fact the fairy tale that wolves balance nature has been exposed as a fraud. So why are worrying about wolves over our hunting culture? You could open a year season on wolves today hunting trapping snaring and it would take at least 5 years to get the mutts under control.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by tangozulu
Bruce......Welcome to the Hunting Net. First post of many I hope.
Its funny how people my age that grew up in western states have come to believe true wildernes does not include preditors.
Funny idea about the "ballance of nature" what ever that is.
The truth is that most of these huge western elk herds were completely artificial. Entire herds have been created by winter feed programs that have run for decades and the removal of just about all preditors except 2 legged ones. This is reflected by elk with B and c scores exceeding 400 from a handfull in the last century to literally dozens a year now. A completley abnormal idea of normal has taken over.
By the way I'm as "true a hunter" as you are.

More Mules..........I read the same wolf artical from the paper version of the Yukon News. It is an informative article and no doubt all true. I don't understand how this bolsters your anti-wolf campaign. The Yukon has 485000 square kilonmeter and less than 35000 people, almost all of whom live in Whitehorse. It is almost all roadless. The wolves live as they always have because there is no one out there to hunt them.......hardly the situation in the western states.
Once wolves are delisted I have little doubt that they will be controlled with a yearly hunting season. Keep raging on wanting them gone and you will never have an opportunity to hunt a truely worthy trophy.
You are helping me prove my point, (The Yukon has 485000 square kilonmeter and less than 35000 people, almost all of whom live in Whitehorse.) In the lower 48 there is far less open spaces, there are many more people. The USFWS dumps a top predator in on top of everyone and then protects it to the point that we have an unmanageable wolf population. Hundreds of cattle killed by these pets of the USFWS, our wildlife being slaughtered, family pets killed off the front porch, not to mention with an out of control population of wolves the diseases that will be spread. Tell me how would you feel if I came and took your truck, all your tools that you use for work etc. and then told you do deal with it? Quite sure you would find a way to get rid of moremules.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

I have killed a few decent bulls over the years, (all 6 point and on public land with OTC tags), though have been passing up on good bulls more and more now a days. I think the wolves I have taken over the years are just as high on my list of fond memories. I have taken about a dozen of them and have been passing up on them too lately. Doubt if I will kill another unless I see a white one. They really are a worthy trophy if taken fair chase.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Spike

http://www.idahoforwildlife.com/Webs...20heritage.pdf

The information cited above was provided by, "The Outdoorsman" Bulletin Number 22. Title: The Real Threat to our Idaho Hunting and Fishing Heritage.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Excuse me .... not wanting to sound like one of these pretend hunters in this conspericy of yours......but weren't wolves in most of the lower 48 before the white man came here????
Just askin since I'm obviously an idiot because I fail to see what all the uproar is about .... all this goin on about importing wolves!!! wolves are not the only animal imported ....wheres the out rage for the ringneck pheasant or the hunagrian partrige...how many exotic game animals are there in texas????
Canis Lupus ... the gray wolf.... no matter where ya look there it is, in one subspieces or another includin the common dog!!!!! It's the same animal!!!! very little difference!!! including the common dog untill after man became involved and inbred them and cross bred them to get desired results... still canis Lupus ... are they really non native and imported????
Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by finnbear
Excuse me .... not wanting to sound like one of these pretend hunters in this conspericy of yours......but weren't wolves in most of the lower 48 before the white man came here????
Just askin since I'm obviously an idiot because I fail to see what all the uproar is about .... all this goin on about importing wolves!!! wolves are not the only animal imported ....wheres the out rage for the ringneck pheasant or the hunagrian partrige...how many exotic game animals are there in texas????
Canis Lupus ... the gray wolf.... no matter where ya look there it is, in one subspieces or another includin the common dog!!!!! It's the same animal!!!! very little difference!!! including the common dog untill after man became involved and inbred them and cross bred them to get desired results... still canis Lupus ... are they really non native and imported????
I guess maybe the USFWS should go ahead and bring down the Kodiak grizzly bears also? A bear is a bear right?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Spike

See is it a Kodiak bear or a Grizzly bear, a bear is a bear? Subspieces? Maybe go ahead and release some Polar bears into the lower 48 also.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Spike

finnbear is that a picture of you or? Most hunter who have studied these wolves even a little bit can see the destruction to the game herds the wolves are causing. Do you really hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.