Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Thorofare

Old 12-26-2010, 05:18 AM
Spike

Default Thorofare

The last 10 years we have hunted the Selway Bitteroot Wilderness unit 17. I think the wolfs have really hurt the Elk and Deer herds. This year we hunted 6 full days and saw one spike bull and a few deer. In 6 trips we have killed 1 bull and had some chances on others but either didnt get shot or something happen. In 2012 looking to go somewhere that you will see Elk. Looking at the Thorofare but I know they have lots of wolf and grizzlys. Has anyone hunted that area the last couple of years and did you see lots of animals. I also looked at British Columbia but the cost is more than I want to spend. I have enjoyed the experence of the Selway but in 2012 I want to see some animals (not sure how many more trips my age will allow me). If I dont get an Elk that is ok as long as I'm seeing animals.
Thanks for the information
Old 12-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Havent been in the area the last acouple of years, however have hunted the Therofar region of Wyoming twice previously. Good elk hunting, classic elk country. In 2 times hunting have a total of approx 6-8 combined hours of actual hunting, killed bulls over 300 each time first day of the hunts. Will I go back to that area?, doubtfull due to the guide requirement in wilderness areas of Wyoming as thats not my style of hunting. From what I have heard its still good though.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Spike

1. a road, street, or the like, that leads at each end into another street.
2. a major road or highway.
3. a passage or way through: no thoroughfare.
4. a strait, river, or the like, affording passage.

This pedestrianized thoroughfare has more than 100 shops and an open-air market.

The people filling the city's main thoroughfares are part of a huge silent demonstration of protest.

get twitter followers
Cheap Flights