Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Ever wore out pair of boots? >

Ever wore out pair of boots?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Ever wore out pair of boots?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ever wore out pair of boots?

Has anyone wore out a pair of boots on a signal hunt?

I have a few times mostly elk hunting I dont buy cheap boots but not the most expensive either. Rocky's ,Irish-setters, Cabela's haven't tried Danners yet but I think next elk season I will.

Thing is I tell my lowlander buddy's that I ware out a pair of boots in 2 weeks they look at me like I have 2 heads . Is it just me?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

on a single hunt? haha, I don't think I've ever wore out a pair of boots period...

what are you skitching behind the truck on a gravel road or something?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You wear out a pair of boots in two weeks? What kind of wear (worn sole, etc.)?

I have cut up a pair of boots pretty badly on sharp rocks and ruined them after a few hunts, but that was extreme abuse that I would not classify as "wear".
Old 12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

cheap boots say approx $50 boots will last under 100 miles of trekking before seams start tearing and such,
Good boots say $150-$200 boots can last 10-20 yrs
I had a 15 yr old pair of HH brown that i used for 15 yrs, and would have continued using them if they werent stolen
Old 12-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

What's your definition of "worn out"? Broken laces don't count...
Old 12-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Bought a pair of Browning Nomads in the late 80's and used and abused them. The lasted about 10 years. Bought some cheap boots with bad results, and finally bought some Danners. Hopefully will get several years out of them.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

You lost me on this one.....I hunt hard and walk miles every day during the seasons and a quality pair of boots lasts me years.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I do in September I buy brahma's hunting boot it has the softest sole I've seen yet. But it's 50% quieter than any boot I've worn for bowhunting. Great for stalking. They last about a good months worth and they start to lose water proofing and most times have holes from rocks here and there.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I will take pics and post. Stitching around the the toes come loose sole wants to separate. This year killed a bull over 3 miles in and took nine loads to get him out But I have done that before . Maybe I just have gotten Lemons by bad luck . Should of had over 100 miles in the 2 weeks would of been close. I will get some pics up.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am all about the comfort. I don't care if the boots cost $50 or $350 and to be honest I don't care if they last one season or 10.
Last pair of boots I "wore" out were Irishsetters. They survived 6 long seasons of antelope hunting, plains deer hunting, mtn. elk hunting and dozens of trip out to hunt pheasants. The main thing is they were comfortable and very light. What good is apair of boots that last 10 seasons if they hurt your feet or they limit your range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.