Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Public Land Antelope which state? >

Public Land Antelope which state?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Public Land Antelope which state?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Spike

Default Public Land Antelope which state?

I am in the process of researching for an atelope hunt for 2011. I was wondering which state and zone,should I be researching? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Capt. Justin
Old 11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

WY and MT would be my 1st choices.
WY- any unit you can draw your 1st year without pref.pts. less you have some pts built up already?
MT- I believe it's the 700 series antelope tag.

NM is random, if you draw this tag, you're in luck! I hear changes are coming for this upcoming year though. Odds aren't great, but 1st year draw is possible since no bonus points everyone has the same odds. I haven't drawn in 4 or 5 years...but it's possible any year, any zone/unit can produce a booner!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Fishunter1
I am in the process of researching for an atelope hunt for 2011. I was wondering which state and zone,should I be researching? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Capt. Justin
I think your chances of a draw would be better in Montana. If there are more than you going, you can put in for a party...that way if one draws, you all draw....and definetly area 700. That covers all of SE Montana.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Spike

Thanks guys, that at least give me a starting point.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Given the total and overwhelming dislike that most serious landowners have for antlope I certainly wouldn't limit myself to public land. But thats just me.
With that said Wyoming would be my first choice using your critieria.