Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
How to tell the age of elk droppings >

How to tell the age of elk droppings

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

How to tell the age of elk droppings

Old 11-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
If you think that looking for fresh sign, is a waiste of time, your wrong. Scouting for elk can be as productive as scouting for whitetail, geese, ducks, turkey or almost any other kind game. Fresh elk sign is the next best thing to seeing elk. If you scout an area with no fresh sign and you choose that place to hunt, your a big dummy. To think anything different is assinine.

assinine or not it's werked fer 14 elk so far!!!!!
U can see elk sign all over the friggin place all it means is they been there...not where they at or where they goin...like I say I like to be where they going.......anyone can be where they was!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by finnbear
assinine or not it's werked fer 14 elk so far!!!!!
U can see elk sign all over the ********* place all it means is they been there...not where they at or where they goin...like I say I like to be where they going.......anyone can be where they was!!!!
*******************You must be the best hunter that has ever lived. I can tell by the picture of the huge bull in your avatar. JEEEESH!

If you think scouting for fresh sign is a waiste of time....your just flat wrong but who gives a rats ass how you hunt.

Last edited by JW; 11-12-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Language.......will be no further warning
Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Jesus H. Christ!! You must be the best hunter that has ever lived. I can tell by the picture of the huge bull in your avatar. JEEEESH!

If you think scouting for fresh sign is a waiste of time....your just flat wrong but who gives a rats ass how you hunt.
U need to grow up, smell the f********* coffee and realize the world don't revolve around U ...and yeah yer right I ain't never shot no big bull every elk I have gotten has been a spike or a cow!!!!!
But I've gott'm all fair and square, all out of the same area and pretty much out of the same patch of sage brush......why ???? because I know where they gonna go when the IDIOTS like U go out and start chase'n them.... that huge bull U make fun of was very tasty and was shot 75yds from my suburban..... U can try and insult me all U want but.....I rally don't give a flyin F**k what U think!!! Let's see the pic's of all the huge elk U have gotten............ obviously U R a much better hunter than I am so I guess U've gotten 20 or 30 elk and all in the record book too!!!
If you like I can give U the area to the closest section line...it's no big secret and it's all public land so yer welcome to hunt it!!!
grow up get a set of balls and be a man quit being a little boy!!!! your petty insults just reinforce my opinion of U

Last edited by JW; 11-12-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: language - going around word filter
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

.....and to top it all off, you hunt from your truck!! LMAO!! No wonder you don't scout, your a road hunter. That just made me spit beer all over my keyboard!!!! LMFAO!!!

The only way I respect road hunters if they are handicapped. If you are, then my bad. But you would still be wrong about scouting.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

U need to grow up, smell the friggin coffee and realize the world don't revolve around U ...and yeah yer right I ain't never shot no big bull every elk I have gotten has been a spike or a cow!!!!!
But I've gott'm all fair and square, all out of the same area and pretty much out of the same patch of sage brush......why ???? because I know where they gonna go when the IDIOTS like U go out and start chase'n them.... that huge bull U make fun of was very tasty and was shot 75yds from my suburban..... U can try and insult me all U want but.....I rally don't give a flyin F**k what U think!!! Let's see the pic's of all the huge elk U have gotten............ obviously U R a much better hunter than I am so I guess U've gotten 20 or 30 elk and all in the record book too!!!
If you like I can give U the area to the closest section line...it's no big secret and it's all public land so yer welcome to hunt it!!!
grow up get a set of balls and be a man quit being a little boy!!!! your petty insults just reinforce my opinion of U
...and one more thing, I'm teaching my 12 year old grand daughter to hunt. So you can throw the little boy thing out the window. Since you road hunt, you can throw it out the window while your hunting!!LMFAO!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:00 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Watch your language please.

JW
Old 11-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

.....and to top it all off, you hunt from your truck!! LMAO!! No wonder you don't scout, your a road hunter. That just made me spit beer all over my keyboard!!!! LMFAO!!!

The only way I respect road hunters if they are handicapped. If you are, then my bad. But you would still be wrong about scouting.

Once again your insults and ridicule tell your maturity level...... did I say I was in my truck at the time? I have never said I don't scout, U being the self rightious moron that U R just assumed that!! It's called hunting the same area year after year and knowing where the elk are going to be....... I know where the elk are going to be, they are there pretty much every year and yes there is a road right handy, and don't tel me that U would walk in to some place U could drive to!!!! even I must admit that last year was a fluke by getting an animal with in sight of camp...but of course the great hunter that U R would not shoot it because that would make U a road hunter.....give it a rest your ignorance is showing I bet U belive U have to hike in 25 miles from the nearest rd to find elk at 20,000 ft!!!! around here they come in to folks yds and make pests of they self ...we shoot them for meat not they horns, like I said grow up!!!!!!! a real hunter would never make fun of anyone elses methods or harvest
Old 11-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

was shot 75yds from my suburban
Finnbears Friend.... "Hey Finnbear, you see that elk?"

Finnbear....."ya, I see 'em!"

Finnbears Friend..."You gonna shoot 'em?"

Finnbear....."Ya, I'm gonna shoot 'em, as soon as I roll the window down and put the Suburban in park!!"

Just hacking on you finnbear.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 11-13-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

This thread about crap is really starting to smell now.