Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Sucessful Wyoming Hunt  with pics >

Sucessful Wyoming Hunt with pics

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Sucessful Wyoming Hunt with pics

Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sucessful Wyoming Hunt with pics

Just got back from a great Wyoming antolope and mule deer hunt. This was my first trip out west to do any kind of hunting. What a great time & hunt. Will diffenently get back out there to try again. Got in to Big Horn,Wy. on thurs. afternoon with my buddy Mark. We would be there for 5 days and staying and hunting with some friends of his. So first thing is to go to the practice range to see if the guns were still on target after a couple of shots we were ready to go. I was pretty fired up since this was my first trip. Mark has been out there a couple of other times. Friday morning we get up and leave early for it was about 95 miles to where we were going to antolope hunt. On the ride after it got daylight I kinda hurt my neck from looking all around at all the animals you see there while driving down the roads.So we get to the area to hunt and there are so many goats around that we spent a couple of hours just glassing looking for the one that I wanna shoot. We picked him out then the fun began. Finally at about 265 yards it was time. Put the cross hairs on him and pulled the trigger and down he went. wow my first antolope and he is down. Here are a couple of pics.

As i was field dressing mine and taking a few photo's we heard mark shoot his. His was a little taller than mine but mine had a little more mass. I was truly happy with this goat and am looking forward to getting the mount back. By the way we had antolope tenderloins for dinner that night. what a treat. So now we have some time to find a mule deer. After 2 days of hunting we had seen quite a few decent muleys but nothing that really got me excited. I am not a big trophy hunter but didn't want to shoot just any buck. Perferably one just a little better than aveage. On day 3 we found him. There were 2 of them beded down together. When we first found them they were at 586 yards. Not being sure about my shooting that far we tried to get a little closer. We got to 385 yards and thought this would be the place. Lying on the ground with the gun on the bypods wasn't tall enough so got the backpack and used that for a little more height. Got comfortable tried to control my breathing and get ready to shoot. Well everything went great here is a pic of my 2010 Wyoming mule deer. Not a world record or any thing but a darn nice deer and a trophy in my eyes.

Looking forward to reliving this hunt over in my mind what a great time.

For all you guys and gals that live out west I truly to envy you and the country that you live in. What a different hunting expercience for a guy that comes from south Florida. Hope you enjoyed the story and pics. Jerry
Old 11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats last year was my first trip out west I also went to Wyoming for antelope next year I hope to go back for antelope and mule deer
Old 11-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a very successful hunt..
Old 11-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are both beautiful animals. Congratulations.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:01 PM
car
Typical Buck

Nice story and great harvest. congrats
Old 11-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Both look like fine trophies to me.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like an amazing hunt! I'm hoping to be out there next fall chasing goats for the first time! Great story!
-Jake
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Spike

Nice ones and good shootn.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Nice animals Man, I would love to do a hunt like yours in the future sometime!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Bucks! On the mulie is that a 4-5 or just a 4-4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.