Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Poll, Should Montana Follow Idaho’s Lead and Refuse to Manage Wolves Under ESA? >

Poll, Should Montana Follow Idaho’s Lead and Refuse to Manage Wolves Under ESA?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Poll, Should Montana Follow Idaho’s Lead and Refuse to Manage Wolves Under ESA?

Old 10-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Spike

Default Poll, Should Montana Follow Idaho’s Lead and Refuse to Manage Wolves Under ESA?

Let's get this poll turned around...http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articl...der_esa/20189/
Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunters should manage them regardless!

Should be a semi-auto year...
Old 10-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go Idaho!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

that's confusing...maybe I didn't read the article...

does it mean, refuse to manage wolves now that theyre under ESA?

or does it mean refuse to follow ESA and Manage the wolves/hunt them however they choose to?

do we vote yes or no? geez I hate poorly worded polls.

Last edited by salukipv1; 10-21-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
that's confusing...maybe I didn't read the article...

does it mean, refuse to manage wolves now that theyre under ESA?

or does it mean refuse to follow ESA and Manage the wolves/hunt them however they choose to?

do we vote yes or no? geez I hate poorly worded polls.
What Butch Otter (Idaho's Governor) has announced is that Idaho will no longer participate in wolf management. That means Idaho game wardens will no longer investigate wolf poaching, they won't monitor populations, and they won't spend any sportsmens' dollars on animals that Idaho didn't want in the first place. I personally say good for them. It's time the states stood up and did something drastic, and I hope Montana follows suit, although I doubt Brian Schweitzer will. The USFWS can't effectively monitor wolves and they certainly can't keep up with poaching over that large of an area. The feds want to keep jerking this situation around so it's about time the states told them to take care of their own problem.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Unfunded Mandates

It's not just hunting, but ideas that kept coming from the federal government for years.

They'd come up with this great idea, and then expect the state and local governments to pay the costs. The federal government would mandate an action, and expect the states to fund the mandate.

Wolves in themselves are tremendous wild animals. And they are very efficient at killing cattle, sheep, and the sporting animals like elk and mule deer. Keeping wolves off private property was always going to be a problem. Wolves don't follow no trespass signs. It's not in their genes.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sure hope Montana follows Idaho's lead. The wolves have become a huge problem here.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Spike

i wish Wyoming would do that also--use to see a couple thousand elk while heading to Cooke City to snowmobile--now we are lucky to see 25 to 100--its pretty sad that after they reached there objective 5 Years ago-they still would not let us manage them like we were promised---us hunters know how the Native Americans felt-- F@#$%D