Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Any colorado muley/whitetail hunters out there? >

Any colorado muley/whitetail hunters out there?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Any colorado muley/whitetail hunters out there?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

If you can't get the hunter's safety done in time to put in for tags, consider this:

Once you get home, you can finish up the hunter's safety course and then buy certain licenses we haven't discussed. Hunting rabbits / hares is fun and you don't need a dog (it is easier, but not necessary). They're good to eat, and is an easy breaking-in to hunting. I'd give it a try.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Spike

Default Fort Carson

There is a lot of animals on Carson. You will also have to take a course to hunt it. Elk is over the counter for the later rifle seasons. Deer are by draw only. You won't even have to leave the base to hunt deer and elk, and there alot of them there. You can get a small game licenses and hunt coyotes while u scout to see what you would like to hunt. I spot And stalk on Carson and do real good. Good Luck and be safe. Thank-you.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by redlane
There is a lot of animals on Carson. You will also have to take a course to hunt it. Elk is over the counter for the later rifle seasons. Deer are by draw only. You won't even have to leave the base to hunt deer and elk, and there alot of them there. You can get a small game licenses and hunt coyotes while u scout to see what you would like to hunt. I spot And stalk on Carson and do real good. Good Luck and be safe. Thank-you.
so what course do i have to take to hunt on carson?
Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by shredder4286
so what course do i have to take to hunt on carson?
In addition to the state hunter safety course, I think the only other one you need is the FT Carson range course (the one that gets you a yellow card to run ranges with). I *think* that's the one you need, but check with range control as soon as you get home.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Spike

In addition to the state hunter safety course, I think the only other one you need is the FT Carson range course (the one that gets you a yellow card to run ranges with). I *think* that's the one you need, but check with range control as soon as you get home.
i know our regulations require that you have a Staff Sergeant with you to run some of the live-fire ranges there (i'm an E-5, not an E-6) i'm not sure exactly how all that correlates to hunting, but i won't be dragging some SSG along w/ me every time to hunt!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by shredder4286
i know our regulations require that you have a Staff Sergeant with you to run some of the live-fire ranges there (i'm an E-5, not an E-6) i'm not sure exactly how all that correlates to hunting, but i won't be dragging some SSG along w/ me every time to hunt!
The rank requirements are for certain ranges, not hunting (I know of one range that takes an 04 to run; SSG is for M16 ranges and such). In fact, CIVILIAN ID card holders can run the personal weapons range, and they take the same class. So no, you don't have to drag your squad leader out to hunt.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Spike

hahaa that's a relief, and something me and him both will appreciate!