Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

A Boy and a Trophy Bear

Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default A Boy and a Trophy Bear

I started out the day taking my daughter out to shoot my deer under the Oregon Mentor program. We hiked to a rocky knob over looking a drainage where deer frequently travel.

We saw a half dozen does and fawns, but nothing with horns. I received a text message from a hunting buddy stating his boy Adam just got a monster bear and they needed some help. His son and my daughter are in the same class in school so she was excited and eager to quit our hunt and help them out. The next text came through and stated, bring your quad and some help. We drove an hour into town, grabbed some gear and our other hunting partner and headed out. We found them about 1/2mi down the hill from the bear and Adam was smiling from ear to ear. We followed an old skid trail to within 100 yards of the beast and started to work. My good camera took a dump on me so all we have in the field are crappy cell phone pictures. We took some better shots once we got home.
He is a BEAST

He was so heavy I had to back down the hill because trying to drive forward would pick the rear end of the quad off the ground!
One happy hunter.

My daughter was not able to get a buck this weekend, but she was a real help and had a great time. Both of them are going to have a whopper of a story to tell today at school.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Spike

wow is that a awesome bear, hes is friggin huge......but what is better is you taking the time to teach and hunt with your kids........good on you for being a great dad
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Spike

Awesome!! They will never forget it!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pictures and story. Congradulations to all who took part on the hunt.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Spike

Well First and foremost GOOD JOB ON THE TEACHING THE KIDS THE INS AND OUTS OF HUNTUNG. . .

And to the Young Hunter BRAVO buddy . You will never forget the hunt. Good Shot and remember always respect the land and the animals on it. . . Now go tell everyone you can see on how you got the biggest bear in your whole state lol ( wink wink )

Great pictures for sure . . .
Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Great bear, that kid looks pumped! I would be too.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is some kind of awesome bear. This country would be in much better shape if more parents would spend that type of time with them. Great job by the kids and by the parents.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

This country would be in much better shape if more parents would spend that type of time with them. Great job by the kids and by the parents.
You got that right, well said!!! Congratulation's to the boy on an outstanding bear!!! He's a great one!!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
car
Typical Buck

Thanks for posting the story and pictures.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great story and great pics! Congrats to the young fellow on his bear! It is always great to see the kids enjoying the sport we all call hunting..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.