Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

My 2010 Minnesota Bear

Old 09-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default My 2010 Minnesota Bear

Earlier In this years Minnesota bear opener I only hunted 3 days. On a normal year I'd hunt at least 7 days straight If I was still without a bear. I'd also make another trip back up If needed. This year was different being some things came up with my business that needed me home shortly after the bear opener and also being I had a Colorado elk hunting trip planned for September 13th or so. Time wasn't on my side (I thought). The Colorado elk hunting trip was suppose to be at least a 10 day hunt so I figured I'd be gone from home for 13 days minimum. The area I went to In Colorado had way to many joy riders on 4 wheelers for my liking riding all over In the mountains so my 10 day hunt turned Into a 6 day hunt after I made my mind up that I'm leaving and heading to the northern woods of Minnesota to hunt me some bear. I figured my chances were better In Minnesota then they were In Colorado. Besides that, I can't stand 4 wheelers and hunting.

Anyhow I made the right decision on leaving Colorado. I had 5 days to get It done and get myself a bear. Lost one day to rain, got dumped on with 4.5 Inches of rain In one day. On my very last day which was last Sunday the cards finally fell In place. I did 2 things with this bear that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I hit double digits In bear kills and videoed my 1st ever kill. I gotta apologize for the bloody hands In the pics though. Normally me and the animal are blood free. It never even crossed my mind this time. Won't happen again!

The bear dressed out at 160 pounds. Got both lungs and top of heart. He ran farther then I expected, he went 91 yards. The blood trail was awesome!!!

My dad and I.

I kneeled down and dad stepped on my shoulders. I then stood back up so he could read the scale to get the weight. We have weighed every bear we've shot the last 25+ years. I had no Idea someone was taking pics.

Thinking time.

Last edited by Schultzy; 09-30-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty bear. Congratulations!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Spike

Congrats on your hunt and Bear.

Denis
Old 09-30-2010, 09:05 AM
car
Typical Buck

Congrats, nice bear.