Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

North American Super Slam

Old 09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default North American Super Slam

Is there a North American Super Slam club? A club that registers members and tracks the results of people trying to achieve their Super Slam, or a book listing those who have completed it? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes. It is the same one that keeps track of the sheep slam.

http://www.wildsheep.org/

Here's the one specific to the super slam. http://www.superslam.org/index.html

Can't imagine the $ those guys spend to accomplish it. Just the sheep slam would cost a normal hunter well over $100k unless you got super lucky and drew both the bighorn and the desert tags and still you are looking at probably $50k for the stone and the dall unless you are an Alaskan resident.

Last edited by npaden; 09-29-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

grand slam club/ovis

seems to keep track of all that info...

I think "grand slam" magazine updates all that info...

they now have the "super ten" as well as the "super slam"
Old 09-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can't imagine the $ those guys spend to accomplish it. Just the sheep slam would cost a normal hunter well over $100k unless you got super lucky and drew both the bighorn and the desert tags and still you are looking at probably $50k for the stone and the dall unless you are an Alaskan resident.[/quote]

Gary Martin recently complete the super slam on a working man's budget, and did them all with a bow!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Spike

I can do alot of it right in Wyoming. I can take a Super Ten in Wyoming. And that will give me a pretty good start on the Super Slam.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JRDANIELS
I can do alot of it right in Wyoming. I can take a Super Ten in Wyoming. And that will give me a pretty good start on the Super Slam.
No Caribou in Wyoming...but at least 9 of the 10 you can get in WY probably.

I'd like to work towards that super 10 myself, then see about that 29 of NA...
Old 09-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by salukipv1
No Caribou in Wyoming...but at least 9 of the 10 you can get in WY probably.

I'd like to work towards that super 10 myself, then see about that 29 of NA...
Your right. I counted 10 animals on the list that I could take in Wyoming. I counted both whitetail and mule deer but only one of those counts. So ya I can take 9 out of the 10 in Wyoming if you can draw the tags.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

how many of the 10 have you taken so far? or of the 29?

I posted a ? on this topic in the past,

I think it's interesting, I think in some years/hunts, I'll be going after another animal on the list I want, rather than say another deer hunt....ie go after a cougar one year instead of another whitetail...or just another animal I've yet to take.

of course getting all 29...would be a new animal every year...for quite a few years...plus you need to be successful...
Old 09-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've taken Pronghorn, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Elk, Black Bear that are on the list. I guess that gets me to 4 of the 10 since it is a Mule deer or a Whitetail deer.

I guess feral hogs don't count toward anything or bobcats or coyotes.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Spike

I've taken Alaskan Moose, Canadian Moose, all five species of caribou, mountain goat, Dall sheep, Stone sheep, Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, whitetail deer, mule deer, antelope, grizzly bear, black bear, and Rocky Mountain elk. So that makes 17.

Will never be able to afford desert bighorn and since I'm 67, I'm getting a little old to chase some of the others. But will still keep hunting as long as I am able!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.