Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Help Bears chasing out deer!!! >

Help Bears chasing out deer!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Help Bears chasing out deer!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by YoteSlammer
quote: "bears are animals of opportunity.

They live in FL, the bears there DO NOT go to sleep! If you keep feeding them, they will continue to show.
That was something I was wondering if a bear in the south actually hybernated or not. I didn't think they did in the warmer climates. I really never had a clue seeing how I am from up here.

I am also thinking some of those wild little piglets have made it to a few bears dinner table..
Old 09-30-2010, 02:59 AM
Spike

Talked to a Biological Tech and Biologist that works the Wildlife Management Area bordering the property we hunt on and after showing them all of the pictures we had. They used a program to measure the bears, pick out obvious markings/scars and came to a decision to relocate 4 bears due to the high population. they also are going to set up 8 bear stations about 1/2-1 mile outside of the property to draw the bears back into the WMA. We are going to split the cost of feed between our hunt club,FWC, and a hunt club south of us. I think what pushed them to this was a bear charging one of the FWC techs and 2 bears breaking into the nearby trash collection site which is close to several houses.

Called Havahart and asked if there was anyway to remove the Deer Off someone sprayed on our food plot and they told me water lots of water. It could take up to 3 months for it to be washed off. So, Dad and I our going to move our hunting to a different area on the property. I am leaveing a camera up near the feeder and plot to check weekly to see if anything changes.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
That was something I was wondering if a bear in the south actually hybernated or not. I didn't think they did in the warmer climates. I really never had a clue seeing how I am from up here.

I am also thinking some of those wild little piglets have made it to a few bears dinner table..

Actually the bears up here close to Georgia will "on" hibernate for several weeks (3-5) if it gets cold for an extended period.