Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Paying for tags before drawings - what's up with that? >

Paying for tags before drawings - what's up with that?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Paying for tags before drawings - what's up with that?

Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

I think it's the best money making tool for divisions of wildlife all over the USA. Actually without them holding your money for a couple of months and then returning it or you draw your tag, then the price of every tag would become outrageous. For one this is where they get the money to do habitat projects, animal surveys, and funding for wildlife personnel. Another thought it's like putting it in a savings account for future use if you don't draw minus a application fee. I do understand that some states like Arizona holds as much as $125.00 of non refundable application fee. That's a bit much but most put it all to good use. It's our small part of buying tags that has brought wildlife habitat up to date across the board. Your not seeing the bigger picture and you'll get your money back or get to go hunting. Without this interest money their would be a lot less hunting available. That's the bigger picture. I do know it's hard to chunk out money on draws. There is a lot myself I can't afford to put in every year but I pick the ones most important to me.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I am curious where you can apply for a license without paying up front.
This would leave the process so that any schmoo could apply without having any stake in the hunt.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wonder just how many anti-hunters would apply for tags if they didn't have to pay up front, just to keep hunters from getting the tags.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Howler
Wonder just how many anti-hunters would apply for tags if they didn't have to pay up front, just to keep hunters from getting the tags.

My point exactly...............
Old 08-31-2010, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

I thought all states did this, 90% of the dow funding is from tags. And like others were saying all the fees and stuff go to good use and help preserveeeeeeee
Old 09-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually wish NV would do away with internet and credit card applications. If anything make a person put up all of the money for tags up front.

If a guy can apply with a CC and only pay a small fee up front, then he can do it in all the states.

All that does is make the draw odds go from bad to worse.

If everyone had to send in cash and pay up front to get in the draw, then the there would be fewer people applying for every tag out there, and better draw odds.

Later,

Marcial
Old 09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Howler
My point too.