Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Do you hunt alone or with a buddy >

Do you hunt alone or with a buddy

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler
View Poll Results: Do you hunt alone or with Friends
Alone
56.25%
With others
43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt alone or with a buddy

Old 08-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you hunt alone or with a buddy

So just for fun sake, do you prefer to hunt alone or with someone? I know that hunting with others is safer and more fun, but I prefer the solitude. Also, if I do hunt with others I make sure I know how they hunt and if they are safe and concious hunters first. If I am alone and do get an elk or somthing else, my buddies are only a phone call away.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

have others at camp and such but when it comes to hunting it's usually just the daughter and me
Old 08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Spike

Smile

i don't big hunt but if i was to i would hunt with others tho because you could get hurt or they might not come to help you drag that big monster animal out the woods with you Lol!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would rather hunt with some friends, but with the land that I now hunt on, it just is not possible.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt alone for the most part during the first few weeks. When gun season starts I hunt with others. I will to you one thing when I do have a deer on the ground. Well, nobody knows it because I do not want to let anybody in on where I am at if possible. I know that's mean, but, oh well.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

alone? who's gonna pay then...? haha.

father/son pretty much exclusively...
Old 08-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Angry

Well if I had a buddy I would hunt with him. But after 10 yrs I havent made one good solid friend that can hunt with me. On another hunt site they say I'm 'anti-social' but thats just because I NO LONGER CARE TO BOWHUNT( altho I can/have/ may some day again ). But then CO people are NOT into getting together for anything unlike all the friends I have/had in PA. Cripes you cant even get CO neighbors to come by for supper (and I dont even do the cookin). Nuff said.

(They can stick their Mathews, I carry a Winchester)
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on what I am hunting.

Deer, elk, antelope, etc, its with my family and friends.

Lions, I like to hunt solo. Not sure exactly why, but being in the woods, with the dogs, and chasing a long tail around is about as "deep" as it gets for me.

Later,

Marcial
Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 AM
Fork Horn

i don't mind hunting alone, but i usually hunt with my father. its like a tridition.We dont hunt in sight of each other. and in the last few years i've got my wife in to it.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer to hunt alone. I think talking with other people while hunting takes me out of the hunting mode, distracts me from seeing and noticing things I would otherwise notice that are germane to the hunting experience and to hunting success. It simply is part of the whole mystery and pleasure of hunting to be alone in the woods, in my opinion. As far as social hunting goes, I can socialize back in camp with the other hunters or go duck hunting. This is one of the things I like about duck hunting, that you can share it with a buddy and talk and socialize between flights of incoming ducks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.