Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Do you hunt alone or with a buddy >

Do you hunt alone or with a buddy

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
View Poll Results: Do you hunt alone or with Friends
Alone
56.25%
With others
43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt alone or with a buddy

Old 08-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

I usually hunt alone, unless the kids are hunting. I've three friends that I've hunted with over the years. It is more distracting and I definitely hunt better alone. Fit (hunting style) and ethics are key as well. I went hunting with some guys last year. They were okay, but their ethics and mine just don't jive. To each their own, but I won't hunt with them again.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

I like the camp crew but ,my best friend doesn't want to get out and walk anymore (oh my gawd we're 44 this year) I've hunted back with my Mom and Dad (66 and 71) the last 2 years so I don't get the legging solitude that I used to in deer camp . Dove ,ducks,geese oh yea just me and my gear except the holiday hunts when 1 of the kids come home. I miss hunting with the kids while I know who flaired the cupped snows.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer alone. Sometimes I hunt with my BIL and it comes in handy if I kill one that I have someone to help load it.

Of course, I do like to take my kids, but their attention span is short, so I don't even consider that "hunting".
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most the time I go out with someone for safety reasons, fellowship, help but actual hunting i prefer to fly solo. Though are occasions where we pair up like; calling or a special draw.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Spike

If hunting close to home I hunt alone, but now with health problems if hunting away I hunt with my son. Feel better knowing that he is close by and can call him if in trouble.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

When hunting for big game I hunt with a friend so that I have help on hand if needed. If I am just hunting whitetails I hunt mostly alone. However this is a big game forum here so I am incline to say with others. It is normally only one other person however.