Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Do you hunt alone or with a buddy >

Do you hunt alone or with a buddy

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler
View Poll Results: Do you hunt alone or with Friends
Alone
56.25%
With others
43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt alone or with a buddy

Old 08-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I hunt alone but also hunt with buddies and family although we all hunt serparately. No deer drives or anything like that. We like to still hunt in different places.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Spike

I don't really have a preference but I probably hunt alone about 90% of the time, mainly due to schedules and the area's I hunt. I do plan a couple trips a year that are group hunts and those get togethers with old friends are always fun.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SILVERTIP-CO
Well if I had a buddy I would hunt with him. But after 10 yrs I havent made one good solid friend that can hunt with me. On another hunt site they say I'm 'anti-social' but thats just because I NO LONGER CARE TO BOWHUNT( altho I can/have/ may some day again ). But then CO people are NOT into getting together for anything unlike all the friends I have/had in PA. Cripes you cant even get CO neighbors to come by for supper (and I dont even do the cookin). Nuff said.

(They can stick their Mathews, I carry a Winchester)

Thats pretty dam sad right there now. Ever consider maybe its not them ?

Lived here all my life and just not found that to be the case at all. Course you could always go back to PA.

I hunt with friends....in fact last year I took four different friends antelope hunting, five deer hunting (one of them was a guy we met online from Colo. Springs)

Looking forward to antelope hunting in a few weeks..........with friends. Some old friends and some new friends.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always both. When I lived near my family I did hunt with them on weekends but the job I had allowed me to hunt a lot so I hunted all week by myself too.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunt alone by choice

Plus a bunch I knew are either retired from hunting or dead.
And I almost got retired last year.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with someone about 90% of the time, the other 10% I hunt alone.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

As my job gets more stressful each year, I look forward to the week I get to spend by myself camping/bowhunting locally. A whole week without talking to anyone. I'll realize it was a bad idea if I ever get hurt, since forget hitting a cell phone tower and who would know where to start looking? I've been thinking of buying one of those emergency GPS beacons. It saved a guy's life here in the past year.

For gun season, it's with my buds.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt alone for whitetail in the south, but back home in CO while backpacking for elk in the wilderness areas it's not real smart to go alone so I always hunt with a buddy or my brother. I do enjoy the solitude of a solo hunt though. You don't get much closer with mother nature than that...

My vote goes for Alone.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted "with others" but I do both. It more fun when I have others with me but sometimes I like to be alone in the woods.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

I prefer to hunt alone unless my dad is going along. But I will tag along with ya and put a few holes in your animal after you hit it and continue my hunt. Hehe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.