Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Federal Judge puts wolves back on ESA. >

Federal Judge puts wolves back on ESA.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Federal Judge puts wolves back on ESA.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Federal Judge puts wolves back on ESA.

Unbelievable. While the wolves run rough shod over our elk/deer/moose populations judge Molloy, a left wing activist judge has placed the wolves back on the ESA. Folks, the modern wildlife management role in this country is in serious jeopardy. Montana and Idaho are now held hostage by the federal goberment and have no ability to manage or control an already out of control wolf population. I believe wolf reintroduction will go down in history as one of the worst wildlife management decisions ever made in this country.

I have no idea what we are going to do now. In my area where I outfit, we have a few wolves, but they have not effected the elk populations as of yet. I feel like I am sitting on a time bomb, just waiting for the wolves to move into my area and start pounding the herd like I have seen and heard from other outfitters. what a sad day today is in the modern wildlife management area. Some of you boys that don't have wolves in your area, they are coming. Environmentalist have proposal for every state to reintroduce them. Get ready folks, the anti's are coming for you in the form of a wolf.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

You are kidding me!!!!! I thought Idaho and Montana were battlefields already won.

Well I am now a card carrying member of the SSS club as of today until they are removed from the ESA. I've sat back and been patient and held off on that attitude and tried to play this one straight and be patient. As far as I'm concerned we are now at full on war with wolf politics. It appears this is an assult on hunting from a political standpoint.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Liberal, anti-hunting judges. They'll chip away at any part of hunting they can.

He probably lives in the city and watched too much Disney as a kid. None of these bozos spend any time in the outdoors and are flying on a full tank of ignorance.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is this for real? I can't believe we don't have a 2nd season this year...

I think a season would be more affective than now, I wonder if they'll just be shot on site now and left? vs. a state earning income and taxidermy etc...talk about a loss of revenue.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just shoot any wolf you see on sight and move on with your day. No need to make things complicated with a hunting season or tags.

Last edited by Wolf killer; 08-07-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Spike

Dad said "somethings you got to take into you own hands."
Old 08-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Spike

As someone who actually lives in northern Idaho, wolves have done little to change deer and elk harvest. Farmers closing off land has been the big problem, along with the game animals going nocturnal. Deer just go to the land nobody is allowed to hunt, which tends to be hundred or thousands of acres per property owner.

But hey, wolves are easy to bitch about.

Last edited by Gromky; 08-06-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the update muley

here is a link that anyone can read regarding the predicament

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...cc4c03286.html

Is there a chance that the gears could again be switched in time to hunt the wolves this year? Wonder what the pro de-listing camp's plans are now? perhaps WY or the FWS will change the policy in order to make the management state-wide across the board. In any event, it sure is a slap in the face to true outdoorsman everywhere.

Please keep us informed of any other news.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gromky
As someone who actually lives in northern Idaho, wolves have done little to change deer and elk harvest. Farmers closing off land has been the big problem, along with the game animals going nocturnal. Deer just go to the land nobody is allowed to hunt, which tends to be hundred or thousands of acres per property owner.

+1
Lots of reasons for changes in any herd. What is the elk management goal for your state? They just may be trying to reduce the herd numbers in some areas that ranchers are complaining about. Maybe gettin Wyoming to do as Idaho and Montana has by setting up a wolf management plan is all that is needed.
Cryin wolf from the barstool is so much easier.....
Idaho and Montana are both still overflowing with elk.

Last edited by tangozulu; 08-10-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gromky

I hate to break it to you, but you are wrong. If the wolves haven't affected the elk populations in Montana, grab a set of regulations and see how many late season cow hunts they do in Gardiner Montana now, or better yet, just call an outfitter from there, if there are any left. Northern Idaho is a long way from Yellowstone National Park my friend, but don't worry, after the wolves eat all of my elk, they will come eat yours too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.