HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Hunting Goals? North American 10/29? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/325612-hunting-goals-north-american-10-29-a.html)

salukipv1 07-08-2010 11:50 AM

Hunting Goals? North American 10/29?

What are your personal hunting goals? could be your own creative slam or one of the more classic, NA10/NA29?

Personally I'd like to accomplish the NA10 then work towards the NA29, I think I can make the 10 happen, but 29 might be tough...

NA10
1. Antelope
2. Bear
3. Cougar
4. Deer
5. Caribou
6. Elk
7. Sheep
8. Goat
9. Bison
10. Moose

A creative personal slam I once read, a guy in AK wanted to take a sheep in each of the 3 major mountain ranges there.

So what personal hunting quests do you have? think you'll do the NA10? NA29?

oh my own personal slam I'd like to accomplish is what I consider the 3 antelope hot spots...which to me is the WY area, AZ/NM, and the nwNV/neCA/seOR zone. 1 for 3 so far...I think I'm going to dub it the "ANTELOPE-3"

rather_be_huntin 07-08-2010 12:02 PM

Wish I had something creative and exciting to add but I don't. I guess I'm going for a Utah Slam although I've never thought of it that way. I would like to eventually hunt all big game species in Utah plus cougar and bear at some point. That would include:

Elk
Mule Deer
Moose
Antelope
RM Bighorn
Mtn Goat
Bison
Bear
Cougar
Whitetail (no real precense yet but they are moving in from Idaho)

I have a ways to go though to complete that list although it doesn't really matter if I take them all I just want to hunt them all at some point.

On a different note I am working on my Utah trout slam and all I have left is splake and lake trout.

salukipv1 07-08-2010 12:17 PM

I hate you western states! haha

We have 1.)Whitetail deer

Originally Posted by rather_be_huntin (Post 3644444)
Wish I had something creative and exciting to add but I don't. I guess I'm going for a Utah Slam although I've never thought of it that way. I would like to eventually hunt all big game species in Utah plus cougar and bear at some point. That would include:

Elk
Mule Deer
Moose
Antelope
RM Bighorn
Mtn Goat
Bison
Bear
Cougar
Whitetail (no real precense yet but they are moving in from Idaho)

I have a ways to go though to complete that list although it doesn't really matter if I take them all I just want to hunt them all at some point.

On a different note I am working on my Utah trout slam and all I have left is splake and lake trout.

DTC 07-08-2010 12:25 PM

I want the grand slam of bear. I have the black and cinnamon, just need a chocolate and blonde.

podunk kennels 07-08-2010 03:04 PM

Id like to hunt in one different state every year with one or more of my buddies. Doesnt really matter what or where as Ill hunt anything given the opportunity. And Id like to do it all using the same rifle.

heinz57 07-08-2010 03:31 PM

1 moose ..2 caribou ..1 black bear...1 deer female ..and all of the coyotes and wolves that cross my hunting grounds ..