Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Garmin Astro 220 Bear

Old 05-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Spike

Default Garmin Astro 220 Bear

I am considering purchasing a garmin astro 220 with a couple of DC30 collars in the near future. I will be using the tracking system to bear hunt in the mountains of Western North Carolina. I have a couple of questions I was wondering if someone could please help me out with.

-Is there anyway to get long and lat coords from the collars? (Suppose a dog was treed, is there anyway the system can show the coords of the location where the dog is treed?)

-Is it worth waiting for the highly anticipated "DC40"?

-Where is the cheapest place to buy one?

-Is there anything else I should take into consideration before purchasing?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, Most definitely yes. Probably shop around, try gundog supply .com. If your dogs may get submerged in water or get more than a mile and a half away you may want to go with conventional telemetry because they lose signal often under these conditions.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Spike

Are you tired of busy cities, crowded streets, high rents and almost non-affordable mortgage? Well...there are places in the world where you can live well for less. The cheapest places to live are also the most beautiful and exotic destinations. So why not make your dreams come true, pack your bags and move to one of those paradise locations, if not for a lifetime, then at least for a year or two?