HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   MT Elk/Deer drawing posted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/321524-mt-elk-deer-drawing-posted.html)

spaniel 04-13-2010 09:37 AM

MT Elk/Deer drawing posted

It's up. I'm fortunate to have drawn for a third year, now the delicate operation of allocating vacation time to keep the wife happy ;)

skiking 04-13-2010 10:02 AM

Congrats. My grandpa put in for the elk combo but luck wasn't on his side, so hopefully next year.

Colorado Cajun 04-13-2010 10:30 AM

Cool! Looking forward to the post hunt pictures. :)

Muley70 04-13-2010 10:56 AM

For those of you who planned to go with an outfitter if you drew, but had no luck in the drawing, I still have outfitter tags available. However, they are only for a guided hunt through the outfittter. I am running some specials on the website and I have an add posted in the classifieds, so I won't give my web address out here. My goal was to reduce our hunt cost to make up for the difference in price between the draw tag and outfitter sponsored tag. so if you still want to elk hunt Montana you can, it just has to be through an outfitter.

Alan

spaniel 04-13-2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun (Post 3612074)
Cool! Looking forward to the post hunt pictures. :)

I got lucky in 2008:

In 2009 the weather was foul and hampered our efforts to get back where the elk were without getting in a survival situation. We ended up punting and going to an easier-to-access cow-only area....where I promptly found myself with a 6X6 and 4X4 in my sights at only 150 yds. Err. Fun anyways.

We're likely going earlier in the season this year, so we'll see.

Montana Mike 04-13-2010 03:59 PM

Dad and I drew. This is his third consecutive successful application. This will be my first year as a non resident as I moved back to Pa. last year. Cant wait to get back out there.

spaniel 04-13-2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Montana Mike (Post 3612224)
Dad and I drew. This is his third consecutive successful application. This will be my first year as a non resident as I moved back to Pa. last year. Cant wait to get back out there.

Good luck. We go back into the Bob on foot. The bruiser in the pick was axed at least 8 miles from the trailhead. It was a "fun" pack out.

Montana Mike 04-14-2010 04:46 AM

Ive had a few of those haha. The truckseat and the beers were the best i ever felt or drank.

salukipv1 04-14-2010 08:02 AM

We drew too, 2 big game combo's coming up this fall!

Just have to draw the limited tag now...

Wolf killer 04-18-2010 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by salukipv1 (Post 3612482)
We drew too, 2 big game combo's coming up this fall!

Just have to draw the limited tag now...

What limited permit are you applying for?