Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler
View Poll Results: What is the best way to hunt bear?
Hounds
7.32%
Bait
58.54%
Stalk em!
34.15%
other
0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Bear hunting?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:13 AM
Spike

actually i ask to some one is it crime to beer hunting or not in America .The Apple Corporation and other companies will use the ipad release date test to elicit consumer opinions and to find what the public thinks of the new product.

Last edited by robertgones; 08-23-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

What do you mean when you say best way to hunt them? Do you mean the most succesful way or the most fun way or what? Dogs are the most successful way. Bait lets you be choosy and take your time on the shot. Not sure about spot and stalk there isnt land that is open enought to really do it that way here in Maine although Id like to give it a shot sometime. Sounds like fun.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by robertgones
actually i ask to some one is it crime to beer hunting or not in America
I'll chime in on the beer hunting.

I usually on beer hunt on the weekends and I usually beer hunt in America although I have beer hunted several times in Mexico as well. I defintely prefer to spot and stalk beer since baiting and hounds have never seemed to work, besides they are very easy to sneak up on.

Be careful though to be sure to only harvest a beer in very cool environments since beer consumed after being harvested in warm environments does not tast good at all!

It's only crime (if that's what you were asking) if you are not old enough to legally beer hunt.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Wolf killer
The most effective way to judge a bears size is to shoot him over bait. This also gives you time to make sure it is not a sow with cubs.

I would have to agree...
Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rather_be_huntin
I'll chime in on the beer hunting.

I usually on beer hunt on the weekends and I usually beer hunt in America although I have beer hunted several times in Mexico as well. I defintely prefer to spot and stalk beer since baiting and hounds have never seemed to work, besides they are very easy to sneak up on.

Be careful though to be sure to only harvest a beer in very cool environments since beer consumed after being harvested in warm environments does not tast good at all!

It's only crime (if that's what you were asking) if you are not old enough to legally beer hunt.
Your making me thirsty with all this "beer" talk.

Like a good share of the posters said, terrain Is the biggest factor on what style of hunting will get the job done. I've done both baiting and stalking and would prefer stalking any day of the week but stalking won't work In the thick woods of Minnesota where I bear hunt. My spot and stalking hunting only happens out west. I sure miss It being I don't get out there much anymore.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Schultzy
Your making me thirsty with all this "beer" talk.
I couldn't help responding the guy that asked if "beer" hunting was legal in the US so I responded to his question. It was meant to be funny but it seems my attempt at humor missed the mark....no one laughed.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rather_be_huntin
It was meant to be funny but it seems my attempt at humor missed the mark....no one laughed.
I thought It was funny and good!! No one has a sense of humor anymore I guess.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

My vote is definately for hunting with hounds. I don't have any bear dogs but tag along with guys that do. It is alot of fun and isn't really as simple as dumping your dogs, walking right off of the road and shooting a treed bear. Sometimes it ends up being an all night chase with lots of stiches for dogs. JMO