HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Appleseed Project (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/320255-appleseed-project.html)

2 Samuel 22:35 03-23-2010 02:10 PM

Appleseed Project

Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you have heard of appleseed.
For those who don't know what appleseed is, it is just a bunch of vietnam vets that want to teach everyone in the US how to shoot a
rifle accurately. They have classes in almost every state.
I could not tell you how my accuracy improved after just 2 days of shooting!
I can proudly say i can hit any man-sized object at 500 yards with a 270
They us AQT targets(Arm Qualification Targets)
So you are really getting training similar to what they get in the army.
Mostly you shoot 22.'s but there are usually 2 people there with
M1 Garand's
Here is their web if any of you have any questions!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

PS I really did not know what forum to put this in so i used this one.
So Mod's if you need to move this plz do! :biggrin:

genesis27:3 03-23-2010 02:41 PM

I have no room for improvment:biggrin:

Lets just say if I get within range the animal is gonna be dead. It might not be a head shot but I have spent many hours in the backyard shooting targets so I can put the bullet in anything bigger than a baseball:rock:

But the appleseed thing sounds like a good program:rock:

I just dont see the point of paying a bunch of money to have someone teach you how to shoot a man sized object, When you can go to a range for little or nothin. Is the appleseed for people who cant shoot?
Correct me if I am wrong:biggrin:

2 Samuel 22:35 03-23-2010 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=genesis27:3;3600566]I have no room for improvment:biggrin:

Lets just say if I get within range the animal is gonna be dead. It might not be a head shot but I have spent many hours in the backyard shooting targets so I can put the bullet in anything bigger than a baseball:rock:

But the appleseed thing sounds like a good program:rock:

I just dont see the point of paying a bunch of money to have someone teach you how to shoot a man sized object, When you can go to a range for little or nothin. Is the appleseed for people who cant shoot?
No it is for people who think they know everything (like you)
And it is for people who know their not perfect.

genesis27:3 03-23-2010 03:52 PM

Ha ha very funny. I can proof it!

2 Samuel 22:35 03-23-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by genesis27:3 (Post 3600609)
Ha ha very funny. I can proof it!

Ya im sure you can shoot but you can always shoot better:fighting0007:

skiking 03-23-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22:35 (Post 3600663)
Ya im sure you can shoot but you can always shoot better:fighting0007:

The only question is will an Appleseed shoot improve those skills. I doubt that my skills would be improved by an Appleseed shoot but there are a lot of people that could use some form of formal instruction.

2 Samuel 22:35 03-24-2010 03:18 PM

Ya i bet there are some people in this forum that can shoot waaaaaay better than in can
But for those who dont know how to shoot this is for them!!!

genesis27:3 03-24-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22:35 (Post 3601131)
Ya i bet there are some people in this forum that can shoot waaaaaay better than in can
But for those who dont know how to shoot this is for them!!!

Dont you go to it every year?
Are you struggling to hit the target?
Or... are you just trigger itchy? If so you should just go out on your 40 acre ranch and shoot rabbits or anything else that moves.
I went crow-magpie huntin tday it was a blast! I shot four magpies and knocked some feathers out of a crow. Just an Idea to solve your triggy itching problem. But if you are having a accuracy problem the appleseed thing sounds like a good program for you.

Its just not my kinda thing, I dont see the point of spending money on tons of bullets and the program, if I can it what I need to hit, when I need to hit, But if I couldint do that then I would probably look into a program like the appleseed. :s4::s4::fighting0007: