Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

caribou hunting

Old 03-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Spike

Default caribou hunting

I live in Ontario and was thinking about a trip to sherferville,quebec. I would like to drive and do a fall hunt and this would be my first time. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shanye..Scroll down to the regional forums...

There is lots of info about the drive up fall/winter hunts there in the " Canada/other" forum...

Welcome to the forum...
Old 03-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

i have gone 5 times with this out fitter ...

http://www.explo-sylva.com/

best time is the end or last week of september ...if u need more infos let me know ....
Old 03-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I havent been there hunting, but I have driven as far as Radisson on the James Bay Road. There is an excellent website devoted to the JBR and all roads off of that, including the one that heads to Scheverville ( I forget the name of that road). Google James Bay Road, and you wont have any problem finding the site. The road is paved as far as Radisson, and well maintained, although you will have very long stretches (up to 350 kilometers or so up to Radisson,) with no services at all. The web site will tell you much more in detail. You will be there for hours.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

Default 2010 caribou hunt

I live in Timmins ontario and have booked for nov 18-22 with nouchimi outfitters. I have been a couple of times already and hunt with guys that have been 5 times. we alway get our caribou. I have a couple of extra spots if your interested.
[email protected]
Old 03-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Be careful going to Quebec,there are just a couple of outfitters I would trust.There is alot of info about this on bowsite.com
Old 03-12-2010, 04:40 PM
car
Typical Buck

Yes watch indeed. I was one of 168 hunters that lost $ 5300. I was booked with Tuttulik Outfitters. They just stopped right in the middle of the season. Two weeks before my hunt. A word of advice. Only book with a outfitter that your deposit is insured. Caribou hunting in Quebec is very risky business. There was over a million dollars lost by hunters booked to hunt caribou with this outfitter. The bad thing about it is you can't do anything about it. The Quebec government said that they didn't see any wrong doing. So taking a million dollars from us was ok by them. Caribou hunting has dropped off since this has happen, several factors for it too.

Just watch what your doing.
Good luck