Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Spider bull

Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
was the bull hunted or purchased? if it was hunted, who hunted him?
RR
From what I read, it was hunted on public land, The mans name is Denny Austad, a self made millionare.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hurricanespg

Nothing at all unethical about the way this bull was taken. It was taken legally on public land! Anyone else could have done the same thing.
There was no way that outfitter was letting just anyone else near that bull, public land or not.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley70
Nobody is arguing the legally, only the ethics, and ethics are an opinion everyone is entitled to. My opinion it was unethical, and I don't need to take that up with anybody but myself, and that is the real bottom line.
Great post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hurricanespg
How is this somehow less noble? (rhetorical question)
The way that this man shot the bull is the same as you are I paying an outfitter. The only difference is he payed a lot more, and he payed a lot more people. Again how he chooses to spend his money is neither yours or my business.
I cant stand the ethics police spouting off so I guess I am done with this thread.
If I were you, I would be done with thread also. This is something that can't be argued. You either get it or you don't.

The bull deserved more. What a pathetic way for someone to kill a trophy like that.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

When big $ is involved, all the cards are off the table..
Old 03-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OregonHunter5
When big $ is involved, all the cards are off the table..
how true.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Spike

If anybody got between me and my elk hunting area, their would be problems!! also i think that spider bull is UGLY!!!!! short beams, and stupid looking. its really to bad that our world record elk looks like a farm raised peice of shiz. the way that elk was taken was absolutly stupid and i would not all the guy who shot him or mossback real hunters. but i also dont blame them from wanting to make a buck. i just wish that some lucky guy that drew that tag for that unit ended up coming across him and shooting him. not some old fat guy that can do whatever he wants just because he has tons of money. just my two cents. cant change what has already happened. oh well. im over it.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Spike

there seems to be something wrong about that tag auction setup, RMEF did it up here on Dec hunts, 250,000.00 a tag for elk & sheep. However, the F&W folks do need the loot, been a good nbr of people chasing sheep into and/or out of parks and reserves and getting nailed for it.They've even resorted to medallions and chips on the sheep in some areas now. And the biggest bulls up here don't leave the parks until the snow forces them out now. They've done some burns in the parks now that allow the elk and sheep to stay in a little longer, some people can't handle that. Just have to get their names in the record books.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

[QUOTE=idahostalker;3589940]If anybody got between me and my elk hunting area, their would be problems!! also i think that spider bull is UGLY!!!!! short beams, and stupid looking. its really to bad that our world record elk looks like a farm raised peice of shiz. the way that elk was taken was absolutly stupid and i would not all the guy who shot him or mossback real hunters.

I totaly agree