Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Idaho Elk Hunt 2010

Old 02-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DOUBLE-LUNG
I have hunted for quite some time in northern idaho panhandle. The elk are still very stimulated to calls. Cow calls have always been the best for me. Occasional bugle will fire up a bull. I would suggest keep practicing calling. I have not hunted down in the area your looking, so no real help there. Good luck.
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

IF_hunter, you might want to check out the forums on Monster Muleys also. The Idaho forum could possibly give you some more insight into the areas you area asking about and the wolf situation in those areas.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-bi...rum/dcboard.pl
Old 02-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Hunter_59
IF_hunter, you might want to check out the forums on Monster Muleys also. The Idaho forum could possibly give you some more insight into the areas you area asking about and the wolf situation in those areas.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-bi...rum/dcboard.pl
Thanks. Looks like there's some good info there...I hate the way their forums work though, ha.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I've been scouring the net and come up with some quality information. I still need to find some locals to buy some and shoot the ****. People in my office are...not the outdoorsmen type, you might say. I'll have to check into local archery clubs.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Spike

IF Hunter, you might want to consider an early season archery only hunt in one of the Non wilderness areas. I have gun hunted in unit 28 in the Salmon zone for the last 15 years. Units 29 and 30 are draw only for gun tags but you can buy an archery only tag over the counter and it has an abundance of great bulls on open land.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

I have heard the wolves have really hurt the elk population.
But best of luck to u. (I would get a wolf tag just in case)